does GB improve 3G?

goresnet

Reaction score
I get full bars of 3G at work, but I barely get enough speed to watch Dish Network shows through their app and my sling adapter. I've talked to people that can view their recorded programs without a hitch on their 3G devices (such as iPhone). Have you guys noticed if 3G is better after a new rom (i.e: Bamf Sense 3.0 -- the one I'm looking at picking up)?

Or is the 3G speed radio dependant, and the 2.0 or 2.5 makes the big difference (if any). I'm aware that I'll need one or the other when I root and install the rom. Either way (I'm going to do both soon, Bamf and radio), I need better 3G at work!

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get full bars of 3G at work, but I barely get enough speed to watch Dish Network shows through their app and my sling adapter. I've talked to people that can view their recorded programs without a hitch on their 3G devices (such as iPhone). Have you guys noticed if 3G is better after a new rom (i.e: Bamf Sense 3.0 -- the one I'm looking at picking up)?

Or is the 3G speed radio dependant, and the 2.0 or 2.5 makes the big difference (if any). I'm aware that I'll need one or the other when I root and install the rom. Either way (I'm going to do both soon, Bamf and radio), I need better 3G at work!
This is going to be mostly radio dependent...the ROM itsself wont improve your 3g signal
Stick with the MR2 radio for GB though I have thoroughly tested the MR2.5 and had no issues.....most people get better signal and strength with MR2

OP
G

goresnet

Reaction score
Would you say that the mr2 is better than the stock radio? I'm all stock with the last ota.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Gb didn't help my data at all. 3g and 4g still drop all the time

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
G

goresnet

Reaction score
My 4G is great, when I am in a 4G area. But my 3G is iffy. Holds 3G signal at home fine, but at work, not so much. Hoping a new radio will help that. Most likely rooting next weekend, so we'll see.