Does fission 2.4.3 work with a GSM sim card

cg735

Reaction score
I am reading a lot of conflicting reports on this...

i have the unlock code for my phone and a overseas trip coming up, and im running this rom to great delight... but will i be able to pop in a gsm sim during my trip with this rom?

leobg

Reaction score
Since you have the rom already in, why don't you pop the sim in and see what will happen. Don't expect to get service (due to the disabled 310 MCC), but at least phone should indicate red cross (emergency calls only) and in settings/about/status you should see network it is currently set on (no matter you won't get service).

More interesting with Fission is is there the ability to switch between CDMA and GSM/UMTS at all. If not - try *#*#4636#*#* menu and change from there. I have asked in the Fission rom thread about all above things, but I don't think I got reply. Since you've got the rom already, it will be wonderful if you can give above examination a go.

wirecutter

Reaction score
It works on Telus. I'm not using it daily, but did try it out briefly with Fission.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
C

cg735

Reaction score
thanks wirecutter, good to know..
leobg, i dont have a sim yet, im going to grab one when i get off the plane...
by the way, in the menu settings, there is a way to switch between a variety of networks, cdma, gsm and their respective variants.