Does Docking Work With Any ROMs?

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I'm one one of the latest nightlies of Cyanogenmod 10.2. Docking does not work at all. On Stock ROM, at least I get a window that pops up, asking me which app to load when I dock my phone. On Cyanogenmod 10.2, that does not happen.

Questions:
Can Docking be enabled on Cyanogenmod 10.2 nightly or sideloaded with an update or transferred from the Stock ROM?
Are there any ROMs that do support Docking?

I use my Vehicle Dock (Pandora, Navigation) and also my HD Docking Station for web browsing.

mightysween

Reaction score
I'm one one of the latest nightlies of Cyanogenmod 10.2. Docking does not work at all. On Stock ROM, at least I get a window that pops up, asking me which app to load when I dock my phone. On Cyanogenmod 10.2, that does not happen.

Questions:
Can Docking be enabled on Cyanogenmod 10.2 nightly or sideloaded with an update or transferred from the Stock ROM?
Are there any ROMs that do support Docking?

I use my Vehicle Dock (Pandora, Navigation) and also my HD Docking Station for web browsing.

Short answer is "no". Motorola Docking Services have not been addressed in any JB build of CM that I am aware of. As 10.1.3 is now final, I doubt it will ever happpen there...perhaps for 10.2 at some point, though right now getting wifi and 3g working consistently in the same build would seem to be more of a priority. :)

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Short answer is "no". Motorola Docking Services have not been addressed in any JB build of CM that I am aware of. As 10.1.3 is now final, I doubt it will ever happpen there...perhaps for 10.2 at some point, though right now getting wifi and 3g working consistently in the same build would seem to be more of a priority. :)

Yikes...looks like I might (unfortunately) have to go back to Stock ROM, unless there is another ROM out there. I'm not impressed with CM, for that reason, mainly, and because I need to disable/enable my data everytime I wake my phone up, or I don't get LTE.

I've found a workaround for at least my Car Dock, which I've set CarHomeUltra to launch when connected to my Bluetooth Car Audio device. Unfortunately, I'd also had my SmartActions launch Pandora, as well. Don't see how to do that one, since I don't have SmartActions. I do have Tasker, but I haven't taken the time to configure it, which from what I understand is pretty tedious. Also, at this time, my HD Station is useless, UNLESS I go back to Stock ROM.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Mightysween is correct. I finally tried my Maxx in the moto car dock and it does not launch carhome ultra like it does in my stock ROM.

David

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Mightysween is correct. I finally tried my Maxx in the moto car dock and it does not launch carhome ultra like it does in my stock ROM.

David

I went back to Stock ROM for this reason, which is unfortunate because of THAT and the fact that I could not seem to keep a consistent LTE connection on CM 10.2 as with Stock ROM.

When I initially started the process to migrate to 10.2, I backed up my user apps, not my system data, which I think might've included the docking services. I wouldn't know for sure. Would doing a backup/restore on the system apps made any difference? That is, would docking have worked, then? Just wondering if anyone has tried it.