Does content website really need SSL certificate?

philip23

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung galaxy grand 2
Recently Google has announced the positive impact of SSL certificate to rank the website in their search engine. Now my question is; does content websites really needs an SSL certificate?

As far as i know, SSL certificate is require for a website which involved online transactions like bankings, ecommerce or other relevant website. For content website, the case is totally different.

What do you think? share your feedback.

D

Divergent

Recently Google has announced the positive impact of SSL certificate to rank the website in their search engine. Now my question is; does content websites really needs an SSL certificate?

As far as i know, SSL certificate is require for a website which involved online transactions like bankings, ecommerce or other relevant website. For content website, the case is totally different.

What do you think? share your feedback.
I am using SSL certificates on my webshop because of transactions and payments.
It´s not essential for content websites and stuff.

Martin Wilson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 4
Twitter
martinwilson848
As Google has recently announced that it will boost up the ranking for SSL (HTTPS) secured website. So it is necessary you website must secured with HTTPS protocol using SSL Certificate.

You said that your website is only content based, but this time Google is very must strict about security of website so you must install SSL certificate to rank your website, if you'll not install it your ranking may drop as per google's ranking terms and conditions.

If your website is small/medium scale it will better for you to use Comodo PositiveSSL certificate, because the price of Comodo SSL certificate is very much compared with Symantec & GeoTrust.

Vendors like CheapSSLSecurity offers Comodo PositiveSSL certificate at only $3.25/Year - http://goo.gl/yvdVr0.

So I would like to recommend you to buy Comodo SSL certificate from CheapSSLSecurity, protect your website today and boost your ranking.

ToleW

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xaiomi
I had a same question and tried a lot to get satisfactory answer. Today while searching on this topic, i learned that content website has lot of benefits to secure with https. few of them are; authentication, reliability and trust.

Your website visitors can easily identify that the website is secured and can verify business ownership by visiting your SSL certificate. If you are new and want to learn more about this topic, i would recommend reading this article http://bit.ly/1vE9oaZ which includes detailed Google i/o video explaining benefits of HTTPS and also provide information on migration process.

popoyez

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iphone5
[QUOTE="If your website is small/medium scale it will better for you to use Comodo PositiveSSL certificate, because the price of Comodo SSL certificate is very much compared with Symantec & GeoTrust.[/QUOTE]

Definitely, this was my words if they were not here mentioned already.. so i think its all clear now. Thanks for making it very very clear to me as well, bro..