Does auto brightness make a difference?

eric.scheman

Reaction score
I keep my backlight at about 30% anyways and sometimes lower and it still looks fine to me. I was wondering if turning on auto brightness would make that much of a difference in battery life. I have heard both ways that auto brightness is bad because it doesnt do a good job at regulating and i have heard that it does help. Just wondering what peoples opinions and tests were.

dmisc

Reaction score
I don't know if it makes a difference with battery life, but I always keeps mine at 25%.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

bullswife98

Reaction score
I have mine on auto brightness and have excellent battery life. I have mine on 3g only ( cuz I don't have 4g in my area yet) and with smart actions no issues at battery life. Couldn't be more pleased... when I'm done using the phone I manually put it in sleep mode I don't wait for the phone to shut off itself I also manually update my weather widget and facebook as well.

Sent from my Updated and Rooted Razr sliced thin! :)

OP
E

eric.scheman

Reaction score
I have mine on auto brightness and have excellent battery life. I have mine on 3g only ( cuz I don't have 4g in my area yet) and with smart actions no issues at battery life. Couldn't be more pleased... when I'm done using the phone I manually put it in sleep mode I don't wait for the phone to shut off itself I also manually update my weather widget and facebook as well.

Yea I'm gonna give the auto brightness a try and see

bullswife98

Reaction score
Yea I'm gonna give the auto brightness a try and see

Go for it. Also a tip for ya,normally I don't use task killers at all but, the native one that comes stock I use it to kill all background apps (that auto run) after my phone's screen had been off for 2 minutes. The only exception is my weather widget I also do what I call mini charges, like when I have access to my charger I'll plug in for 10 or 15 min or when at home I'll plug in then unplug for a few hours then plug in and leave it in my HD docking station all night and use it for a desk/alarm clock. Give this a go and see if your battery life improves some.

Last edited:
OP
E

eric.scheman

Reaction score
Yea I use the smart actions to my advantage and I'm the same way I don't use task killers except the native one to kill my music player after I'm done and my browser and other things. I have no complaints on battery life but there's always room for improvement. Just seeing any way I could get it longer lasting by any means

bullswife98

Reaction score
Well give it a go and if I come across anymore battery tips ill try them and pass it on.

tomylin

Reaction score
How about this app "aBacklighter LITE" (https://sites.google.com/site/appschinyang/abacklighter).
My settings: Custom Mode (30% common brightness) + Outdoor Brightness (95% brightness for high ambient light condition) :biggrin:

I keep my backlight at about 30% anyways and sometimes lower and it still looks fine to me. I was wondering if turning on auto brightness would make that much of a difference in battery life. I have heard both ways that auto brightness is bad because it doesnt do a good job at regulating and i have heard that it does help. Just wondering what peoples opinions and tests were.