Does anyone use "My Coupons"?

wil318466

Reaction score
First off, I don't just coupons. I'm one of those stupid lazy men who pay full price for everything and run in a store, grab what I need, and run out.

But.. after hearing about "My Coupons" I think I can actually maybe save myself a few bucks.. well, at least, in the self-checkout. :)

Problem is.. does this App actually work? I just scanned a BUNCH of things around my office (yes, I'm working on thanksgiving) and not one thing returned a coupon. I was even grabbing boxes of Kleenex, no dice.

Anyone else have some success?

-Wil

crankygypsy

Reaction score
personally? no.

but, a couple of my friends have it on their iPhone. they've used it at Quiznos. we were there and they wondered if their were any. they searched for them while in line, and Bam - discount. i'm not a coupon guy either, but i thought that was pretty neat.

OP
W

wil318466

Reaction score
Yeah thats what I'm picturing, but with some other items. Maybe electronics or whatever at best buy.

-Wil

Naruto

Reaction score
i've heard about problems with the scanning coupon apps so i've been using one scanner app and the "Droid Coupons" app.

The Droid Coupons app is outstanding, in just a few weeks it's literally paid off the phone in coupons.

OP
W

wil318466

Reaction score
i've heard about problems with the scanning coupon apps so i've been using one scanner app and the "Droid Coupons" app.

The Droid Coupons app is outstanding, in just a few weeks it's literally paid off the phone in coupons.

What do you mean, specifically? Are you using the combination of 2 apps? one to scan, one to look up the coupon? Or am I missing something?

Also, another question.. what if you have, say, 30 items that have coupons. How do you manage all of this at the checkout line?

-Wil

Zippster

Reaction score
The Droid versions looks exactly the same as the regular app My Coupons to me, same pages etc, just different name.

Havent seen a whole lot I would use on it and not sure what the point is of having it open up a page for printing???? Defeats the purpose doesnt it?

One other thing I would point out to the dev of this, if possible, have it use the GPS to narrow down coupons, I find myself paging through tons of coupons for places I have never heard of and arent even in my state, let alone area. :confused:

There was one I heard of for Iphone ( had really weird name ) that would bring a screen size coupon and barcode for the restaurant to scan, anyone know what that was?

808droid

Reaction score
The coupon app is cool to have, which you can scan your coupons ahead of time and send it to your email for printing, or to share with your friends on Facebook. It is best to print out the coupon/s instead of using it on the screen of the phone, it is a hastle if using more than one coupon at the same store.

Sleeve

Reaction score
I'm surprised any places accept their coupons from a screen.

I've installed and uninstalled Droid Coupons (formerly My Coupons) a few times, basically a bit tweaked about the $12/year PayPal donation spam from a community supported service. I'd be more likely to pay a flat donation up front.

Even without donating, the app has a lot of function and value. I haven't tried using any on-screen coupons yet, so I'm still wondering how well they are accepted.

mfaust

Reaction score
It is very handy, I just figured out however to tap the menu button to do a search among other things, such as the barcode function. I did use this app at Express for some holiday shopping and I was suprised when they accepted the coupon. I think this app is great. Still Debating if I should purchase the subscription for.99/mo for additional features.

mikespe

Reaction score
I thought it was a great idea until all the stores I tried it out at said they needed a print copy of the coupon. Don't need to take up space on my Droid if I can't use it!

Hazardous

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this old thread, but I still have not been able to obtain a coupon for anything I scan. I treid various items in the grocery store just to see if it works with no luck. The item comes back and indicates that there are no coupons available.

I am using My Copons. I tried the Droid Coupons but had issues scanning; My Coupons seems to have better scanning capabilities.

Does anyone have a regular product & store that they obtain coupons for?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Sleeve

Reaction score
I tend to operate in reverse. I browse the coupons available and make shopping/lunch choices based on the offers available. I think the universe of products is too large for My Coupons to capture and the odds of scanning a product and finding a coupon make that feature more of a gimmick than anything.

ahare34

Reaction score
I have you the on screen coupon for bath and body works. WORKED LIKE A CHARM. That was with the my coupons app. they looked at the coupon code and bam I was able to get a item up to $12 value

Technoman

Reaction score
First off, I don't just coupons. I'm one of those stupid lazy men who pay full price for everything and run in a store, grab what I need, and run out.

But.. after hearing about "My Coupons" I think I can actually maybe save myself a few bucks.. well, at least, in the self-checkout. :)

Problem is.. does this App actually work? I just scanned a BUNCH of things around my office (yes, I'm working on thanksgiving) and not one thing returned a coupon. I was even grabbing boxes of Kleenex, no dice.

Anyone else have some success?

-Wil

My Coupons IMO is a rouge APP. It runs all of the time (regardless if you force stop it, it starts right back up). The actual coupons offered are nothing that great from what I have seen. They really push you toward their "subscription" service for .99 cents per month.

I personally would not mind having it or even possibly paying for it, but I DO NOT want it on my phone running constantly and collecting and transmitting who knows what. Again, this is MY OPINION!!! I removed it and have no plan to ever put if back on.