Does anyone sell an extended battery yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by delaen, Nov 7, 2009.

1. suzuki98

suzuki98 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had something weird happen today.....I charged my battery yesterday and this morning was at 80%. Went to work checked email, still at 80%. Talked to my wife for about 5 min. then it said 5%. I was thinking how the hell can I lose 75% in a matter of a few minutes. I charged to 100% and now it's 7 hrs later and at 80%. Very weird I hope I dont see it do that again!

2. windstrings

windstrings Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How are you determining the percentage?
    Is it an app you downloaded or are you looking at the phone itself?

I purchased an app called "battery widget" as although I liked it, I soon figured out it was sometimes inaccurate not reflecting what the phone reported.
    In fact I had the same symptom as you and it seemed to hang on 90% while the phone had dropped all the way to 70%, it didn't reflect it.
    After checking the phone percentage, it refreshed and the app then reported the correct percentage.

I have since used an app called "batterylife"... I've never had it be inaccurate.
    It shows battery temp, voltage in mv, type "LiIon" and of course percentage.
    It always shows the same as the phone.

The phone report is found by going to settings--->about phone--->status--- battery level.

3. Slntagent

Slntagent Member

Ratings:
    +0
  4. srothkin

srothkin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I play music (to headphones) easily 8 to 10 hours in one day. That plus a couple of hours of light web browsing (NY Times) reading email and incoming texts, looking at my calendar. I leave GPS, BlueTooth and 3G all enabled, but WiFi is disabled. I do have the display brightness turned all the way down to 0.

Even after 15 hours off the charger I've never seen it go below 30% before putting it back on the charger before going to bed.

5. windstrings

Ratings:
    +0

Yep display brightness on that big screen does eat power.

6. Griffin

Griffin Member

Ratings:
    +0
  7. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Read this and nobody suggested a place for a battery...oh well...

My suggestion (other than waiting for an extended battery) is to get a car dock if you intend to use gps at all. GPS uses a ton of power, and its horrible to hold that thing while your trying to drive...

So save yourself alot of battery life and trouble by getting the car dock and a car charger if you don't have one. It works great as long as you don't have a bulky case on the phone.

I actually enjoy docking my phone in the car. Dock it. Charge it. Play with it. I have it mounted on my car window so i can easily see the gps while I drive.

But I still want an extended battery. But I'm not going to get one that sticks out of the phone. it HAS to fit in the original area the stock battery is because otherwise it will be bigger and won't fit in my docks either.

8. suzuki98

suzuki98 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I do have battery widget but when it dropped to 5% the phone's battery indicator was in the red and said I needed to charge my phone. I will give battery life a try. thanks

9. windstrings

Ratings:
    +0
    Its a bit bigger, but really cool... go into the menu and check out all the options

10. dboy225

dboy225 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    SEIDIO
    offers Extended Battery for Droid
    also Hard Cases for Extended Battery

good, reliable, must have!!

11. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
  12. dwagner88

dwagner88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I should consider myself lucky. I've had my phone off the charger since 6:45 this morning with light to moderate usage (wifi on about half the day) and I still have 60% remaining. I've actually gotten a full two days of use out of the phone with wifi off but GPS on. I always use auto brightness and I am overclocked to 800mhz. If you want my battery you will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers!

Search tags for this page

batterry for droid 3 for sale

where to buy motorola droid 2 replacement extended battery i