Does anyone sell an extended battery yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by delaen, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb

Only if it uses the stock battery door. Otherwise not interested.

2. jstrick5

jstrick5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Check settings under "Location & Security" Turn off "Use wireless networks" if you haven't already. This will DRASTICALLY improve battery life.

3. ThePhoneGuy

ThePhoneGuy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All your doing is restricting the support and information that runs the DROID, check your battery usage (with sync on) and you'll see the big killer is display.

not system or OS

4. b34st1y

b34st1y New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    of course. This phone is a battery hog...so the best counter to that, in order to maximize battery life.....is optimizing the resource usage. :)

5. jstrick5

jstrick5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not true in the least... none of that "runs" the droid. It is data that supports secondary app's. ANY sync you do is killing battery life by forcing the phone to use it's data connection. Fewer data connects = less battery power consumed...

Of course the display is the primary consumer of the battery - however when you add all sorts of other things that consume the battery (Facebook sync) it will consume faster. I installed a clock widget and i noticed the clock widget was consuming 10% of my battery when unplugged. Guess what? Removed the clock widget and my battery life significantly improved. Not rocket science here.

6. ThePhoneGuy

ThePhoneGuy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Two steps forward and one step backwards logic.

#42 ThePhoneGuy, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  7. jstrick5

jstrick5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How so? I'm assuming you're talking about disabling new technology. If Facebook sync is killing battery life (proven) How is turning it off on a day to day basis, and turning it on for a few minutes when you know you've added facebook contacts to it can sync before you turn it back off to save battery again? Doesn't make sense to drain your battery on a daily basis for something that might update once every few days at best... that's backwards or just irrational logic.

Sync's for email are a different story. Gotta bite the bullet on that.

8. YardApe

YardApe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a docking station to help during the day... also, have you trimmed your system to be the most battery efficient?

9. richelesro

richelesro New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a couple of interesting experiences with charging and battery usage. One night, I was playing around with various apps right after charging. Everything was fine; battery went down to 90%. I turned off wifi and put it back in the dock.

The next morning, the battery was at 50%. Hmm. Shut down the phone, put it back in the charger (which turned it on, of course). An hour later it was at 100%. Went to work. The next time I looked at my phone, two hours after charging it, it was down to 30%. WTF? No apps running. Dead by noon.

Went home, charged again, and it was fine. No explanation.

Last night, I had it connected to my computer to transfer files. Battery went from 80% to 20% in three hours and the battery was overheating at 129 degrees. I went to the battery usage screen and got this:

com.android.email - 40%
    Android System - 29%
    Display - 13%
    Phone Idle - 8%
    Cell Standby - 6%
    Media - 5%

This isn't the first time I've seen com.android.email sit at the highest battery usage. In fact, it usually is even though I have Exchange set to sync every 15 minutes. (I can't control GMail.)

10. b34st1y

b34st1y New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't use my phone all that much today...and I have 30% left, while it being off the charger for over 16 hours!

11. delaen

delaen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My battery was much better than normal today.

12. styleznma

styleznma New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I had this happen to me today, only had the phone for 3 days now. This was the worst, woke up, took off the charger went to the beach came back 3 HOURS later and 20% of battery life left, WTF? checked the status and said

Search tags for this page

batterry for droid 3 for sale

where to buy motorola droid 2 replacement extended battery i