1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

does anyone like ICS on Razr?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by applemac, Jul 11, 2012.

1. applemac

applemac New Member

If so, why? After all the negative comments, I'm thinking about not installing it.
  2. geeman002

geeman002 New Member

No, I hate it. The colors are awful and make the notification bar almost unreadable. The keyboard is smaller (IMO) and worse than the old one. The browser - can't sort bookmarks or see them as a list. I don't like the forced bottom bar with TEXT, PHONE, PEOPLE, CAMERA and APPS. I wish I never upgraded, IMHO it made the DROID RAZR a poorer experience.:angry:
  3. The_Chupacabra

The_Chupacabra New Member

You can change what is on the bottom bar, just long press it and move it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. DocsDad

DocsDad New Member

For the most part I like it but its certainly not night and day over GB . The change from the long press for the "copy" function is annoying though. I also used to keep my display at 25% brightness which is too low now due to the color difference. This results in slightly more battery usage. Other than that, the browser "seems" faster and over all its genrally a nice upgrade.
  5. cfaber

cfaber New Member

I like it, I think it looks a lot better than the original GB theme that was on these phones before. It does have it's annoyences and irritations though, and you will have to learn to re-use parts of the phone, however some of the refinements are worth the trouble.

I never used totally stock setup on my phone either, I can't speak to issues people have with the browser as I always use Opera. That said, the email is better, texting is nearly the same, camera same, etc. If you don't like it you can always downgrade since matts fastboot reflash kit back to 2.3.5 is available.
  6. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

I have been pleased with the ICS upgrade - I do think the initial leak .75 that I ran was more stable than the official OTA of .211.

I like the blue base of ICS and the quick access to settings in the pulldown notification area. I do not use the stock launcher, so I cannot comment on that part of it.
  7. Xfactorx316

Xfactorx316 Member

I like the upgrade. My issue was just getting used to some of the different settings. Once I was comfortable with that it has all been good. I've heard lots of people complain about the notification bar, mine seems easy to read and isn't dim.
  8. Sal R.

Sal R. Member

I just don't like the blur implementation. Its an eye sore and clashes with the basic ICS framework. And the copy function IS annoying at times.
  9. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

I suggest reading through some of the already existing threads where other users have asked the same question, like this one: Update or wait? If you search through the forums, you'll find that pretty much everyone who had reservations about the update were happy after they updated.

In short, the people who have problems will be the most vocal, but they are not a true representation of everyone who has the update. This post from the thread I linked to sums it up pretty well:

In that thread, I also added a bit to that to further explain why you see a lot of negative comments:

Most people are happy with ICS, even if it took some getting used to.
  10. jtpowell

jtpowell Member

\
    I really like it. The things I like
    How bluetooth just reconnects to my last source without me going into the settings
    Notification handling
    The last used programs list
    My chrome bookmarks being sync'd
    Better group handling
    WebTop 3.0 is tits.
  11. applemac

applemac New Member

Thanks everyone! A lot of useful info. Will do a little more research. And bsweetness, thanks for the link. I did look at some previous threads and they mostly were negative. That is why I was asking for positives! :biggrin: Will make up my mind soon, hopefully!
  12. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

I did a fdr before and after ICS... I wanted a clean slate and if there were to be any problems, I wanted to be certain it was an ICS problem and not a gb conflict problem.

I have had no problems with ICS. Little things like a dimmer notification area, which is insignificant, imho but nothing to complain about. I get better signal and the same battery life with doing less than I did to preserve battery than I did with gb. I like the look and feel. I use to keep it in 3g only because I live in a 3g only area and it would drain battery big time on gb. Now I don't bother with putting it on 3g only because the battery seems to handle 4g/3g fine.

I love being able to disable bloat and I love that settings are only a notification bar pull away.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
  13. applemac

applemac New Member

I did go ahead and update. And I really like the look and the function of it. Love being able to set swipe commands on emails. Like the lock screen. My camera seems better and faster. And if there has been a change in battery life; it has been for the good. I'm sure there are more things I will discover that I will like/not like. But I am happy. Thanks everyone. :biggrin:
  14. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Well-Known Member

I really like ICS, for I now have the phone they should have shipped! Yeah it's different but I've found all the features I normally use. Battery usage is the same, and the phone is faster. I'd give it a try, and don't worry about the nay sayers. Your opinion is what's important.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  15. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Awesome. I'd glad you're happy with the update so far.

Also, for anyone who might be having some of the same questions, take a look at the poll here: Are you happy with your phone and ICS? At the time of this post, out of 53 total votes, only 8 people have said that they think Gingerbread was better than ICS.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  16. CaptainSS

CaptainSS New Member

Three(3) Razrs/Maxxs in my HH and "0" problems. ALL 3 are performing great, battery, functions - All good.
  17. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Both of mine work great, my wife's and my sons both work great too. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  18. bruben7886

bruben7886 New Member

No probs here
  19. 19psi

19psi New Member

Mine is definitely laggier and slower overall. Everything works fine, but it's slow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  20. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

No problems, no lag, no loss in battery life, better 3g-4g signal. I also fdr-ed before and after ICS because wanted no problems due to anything but ICS... and I got none!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums