does anyone know the location of the 'cache' folder?

chris420o

Reaction score
first of all this phone buggs me out with having the internal memory called sdcard...i been having trouble with file exploreres finding ish...finally installed astro have to go back back until i see sdcard-external to realize thats my actual sd card....but in my gallery even the 3dgallery i installed...i have this cache folder that shows all my beautiful widgets stuff and what not i want that goneee i cant find the directory anywhere so i can put a .nomedia in it....does anyone know the location of this directory??

arabstar1982

Reaction score
My question is, why is internal space only showing a total of 8.00 GB when its supposed to be 16gb....

redwood

Reaction score
agreed, some apps like oisafe don't allow you to browse for importing databases and such, looks only in sdcard...had me scratching my head for awhile.

the other thing is when I connect it to my mac i get 3 drives mounted, and of course the names are of no help: untitled, mot, and...oh i forget right now, will edit post later, got no cable with me to connect and look

Alastrionia

Sourcery Themer / Designr
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My question is, why is internal space only showing a total of 8.00 GB when its supposed to be 16gb....

Internal storage = 8gb
Application storage = 4gb
MotoBLUR / OS = 4gb

there's your 16gb internal total

going from the D1 to this took me a little getting used to on this
but now that I know where to poke my head it's not so bad

gsDroid

Reaction score
first of all this phone buggs me out with having the internal memory called sdcard...i been having trouble with file exploreres finding ish...finally installed astro have to go back back until i see sdcard-external to realize thats my actual sd card....but in my gallery even the 3dgallery i installed...i have this cache folder that shows all my beautiful widgets stuff and what not i want that goneee i cant find the directory anywhere so i can put a .nomedia in it....does anyone know the location of this directory??
If you have rooted, in Root Explorer you can see that the sdcard = internal and sdcard-ext = installed sdcard. Cache is located at the root level internally. In Root Explorer, the path is just '/'. You can click Mount RW and add or create the .nomedia file there, I think.

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Internal storage = 8gb
Application storage = 4gb
MotoBLUR / OS = 4gb

there's your 16gb internal total

going from the D1 to this took me a little getting used to on this
but now that I know where to poke my head it's not so bad

Thanks, that helps me to understand it! At first I was like, What??? lol thank you very much for clarifying!