Does anyone know....(slightly off topic but about Verizon)

Ansa82

Reaction score
So I used to use htc incred. (original) and then put it away when I activated my razr. I was thinking about activatifork credible for my daughters line but she doesn't need a data plan. Does anyone know if verizon will activate an older phone on an existing line but NOT require me to do a data plan for it? I currently only pay the $10 fee for her (right now she has LG cosmos touch).

angel4451

Reaction score
It actually depends on the phone you are putting on the line. If its a smart phone, they make you choose a plan, even if its a MB per usage plan.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Zandar

Reaction score
Verizon won't let you have a smartphone activated without a data plan of some kind.

Sliced from my RAZR

OP
Ansa82

Ansa82

Reaction score
Verizon won't let you have a smartphone activated without a data plan of some kind.

Sliced from my RAZR

Thats too bad. People who go thru sprint are telling me if its a "second hand" phone...not new you can activate any smartphone w/o data plan.

Kimo91

Reaction score
Thats too bad. People who go thru sprint are telling me if its a "second hand" phone...not new you can activate any smartphone w/o data plan.

I used to work for Sprint and that's a lie...well I take that back the only way they can activate a smartphone and not add data is if the customer is legally and medically deaf. Correct me if I'm wrong and anyone can chime in to correct me on my statement.

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr