Does anyone know of a good external speaker dock?

roof01

Reaction score
I'm looking for external speakers I can hook droid up to.
Ideally, I'd like something which is portable, that has decent speakers which I can hook droid up to and play Pandora/mp3's. Bonus would be if you could also charge phone while docked.

I know stuff exists like this for the damn iPhone....what about us?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know stuff exists like this for the damn iPhone....what about us?
We don't have a dock connector like the iPhone. Anything with a line in will work for the Droid since you have to plug into the headphone jack. Or you could go with something that supports A2DP.

jphudy

Reaction score
I have a question about A2DP. Are there any apps which integrate with the A2DP protocol so that you can navigate through menus and playlists to select a song by a bluetooth or IR remote? If so, show me the $$$ (that is, the app and the dock, please!!)

soba1

Reaction score
I have a set of Sony BT stereo speakers that I use. U can use ac or they run by battery. No need for a dock. Also if u have a home stereo you
can buy a bt adapter that connects to your stereo which in turn will
allow you to connect your phone google Vooiis or Voiis bt adapter.

OP
R

roof01

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm looking for something portable, that I could use when working outside house or take to beach.

astronaut

Reaction score
Altec Lansing inMotion Classic

You have to use a line-in cable (so no charging of the Droid) but it has built-in rechargeable batteries, a handle that doubles as a stand, FM radio, and the sound is great. I also use it occasionally with my iPod Nano :)

JawboneFan

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the JAMBOX by Jawbone? It’s a pretty sweet little external speaker that connects wirelessly to any device via Bluetooth (including Android devices). And it packs a pretty big punch for its size. Check it out here.
Jawbone JAMBOX Wireless Speaker *|* Hi-Fi, Stereo, Speakerphone & more