1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Does anyone know how to skin apps to make them look like Beautiful Widget toggles?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gatorbait, Mar 5, 2010.

1. gatorbait

gatorbait New Member

While looking over at the request section in another forum, I saw an led flashlight control app that had a Beautiful Widget style skin over it. I thought this looked awesome and it made me purchase Beautiful Widgets so I could have all matching toggles.

I made a couple requests on that forum for other apps to be skinned, but they don't get the traffic this forum gets. So I wanted to see if any DroidForums members have the photoshop skills and Droid hacking know-how to skin another couple widgets in the Beautiful Widgets toggle style?
  2. gatorbait

gatorbait New Member

If anyone wants to try to take this on, the first one I'm interested in seeing is a refinement of the skin that user doomedromance at the alldroid forums put together. It's a skin for the mototorch flashlight app, but his skin needs some slight refinements. I've attached a picture of it below.

There are some shading issues with the skin below and it doesn't match up exactly with the Beautiful Widgets toggles. Ideally, someone could pull one of the BW toggles and use that as the template to get it perfect. I'd also like to see the flashlight icon have a little thicker white lines to match up with the rest of the toggles. And I'd like to see the "DROIDLight" name changed simply to "Flashlight".

[​IMG]

Anyone think they can take this on?
  3. speed4tu

speed4tu New Member

i use mototorch. it doesn't look too bad beside the beautiful widgets toggles.
  4. gatorbait

gatorbait New Member

If somebody has the ability to do the above request, I'd also like to request a skin of a pattern lock toggle app that applies your pattern lock on/off your Droid with one click of the widget. I can supply the information for that one too.
  5. gatorbait

gatorbait New Member

Alright, I pulled some of the art files from the BW apk.
  6. gatorbait

gatorbait New Member

More icons pulled from the apk:
Search tags for this page

how do you reskin an app for android

how to reskin an android app

reskin android apps

reskin apps forum

reskinning android apps