Does anyone know/heard rumors

Mike Adams

Reaction score
if this new phone will open the bracketed pdf files? This is the only thing that is holding me back from going andriod instead of blackberry.

I have already had a droid once and sent it back due to the fact that I can't open my work orders on it. Thank you guys/girls for any help you can provide.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if this new phone will open the bracketed pdf files? This is the only thing that is holding me back from going andriod instead of blackberry.

I have already had a droid once and sent it back due to the fact that I can't open my work orders on it. Thank you guys/girls for any help you can provide.

Was that before Adobe Reader was added on as an app? I'm not sure what bracketed pdf files are, but I'm pretty confident that Adobe Reader can read any pdf file.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid. just downloaded a PDF and Quickoffice opened the file.

Hope this is helpful,

Mike

OP
M

Mike Adams

Reaction score
The files that Im talking about show up like this
<<Service Work Order.pdf>>

when I had a droid last spring no program that I could find could open that file. It has to do with the way that the company that I work for writes them from adobe. The droid I had would open any other pdf file except that specific one. I would be glad to email anyone that thinks they can open it a copy to see if you can.

OP
M

Mike Adams

Reaction score
checked and email sent...Thank you for your help. Im going to have to get one now. Once I do Im just going to have to have you guys help me get this working. What happens when you root a droid, is there a way to sync with outlook and which droid has the closest "push" email? sorry for all of the stupid question, just trying to figure things out. Thank you for all your help

Last edited: