Does anyone have Virtual Walkie Talkie app?

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Its free and kind of cool. Mostly immature idiots when I was on. Guys just laughing or saying things like butt cheese. One Guy kept saying "I have a Nexus one".

OP
D

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I forgot to add, if anyone else checks it out, we should pick a time and channel.

jaw4bama

Reaction score
Yeah I have the app and its pretty neat. I have to agree that there are a lot of immature people on there. If you ever want to chat let me know!

dfwdroid

Reaction score
just got it too...ohh boy all i can here is people swearing....
i wish we could create 'encrypted channel' for members only. we could use those channel to have like a Q/A session live.
wouldn't that be a good idea?

jaw4bama

Reaction score
I believe there is a way to use a private server to talk on but I am not sure how, I will have to look that up.

RLJSlick

Reaction score
Yeap used it a few times, my wife called me from the store once with it, work great.....well good anyway.

johall07

Reaction score
lol all i heard was some guy saying he couldnt get directions to the ip address on navigation and i uninstalled

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I installed and it sounded like XBox Live when I'd play Halo with my son.

OP
D

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Yeap used it a few times, my wife called me from the store once with it, work great.....well good anyway.
So do you just leave it running, or was this a planned call?

I heard one guy, who was apparently talking to someone he knew, say "wow these things get good range"

Mine was locking up sometimes and wouldn't scan. It has some bugs, but it's a cool idea. It's better than the one I had that just records your message and more or less texts it.

The constant ROGER BEEPs are annoying as hell. I turned mine off and hope others do the same.

BigNasty

Reaction score
anybody have the virtual walkie talkie and wanna chat?

Downloaded the app and its cool but nobody I've found on there worth talking to. If you wanna talk let me know, well figure out a channel and all. Just bored

OP
D

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I'm down with setting up a time and channel. Bast time for me is my 3:30-4:30 EST commute home (or 6am-7am if you're an early bird).

Post here and let me know.