Does anyone have the apk

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by chained22, Jan 12, 2011.

1. chained22

chained22 New Member

Does anyone have the apk. Flie for the google email client (not gmail), for some reason it was removed from bugless beast. 0.6.2.1, and I would like it back, I use it for imaping the schools email to my phone

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

This is from the FRG22D deodexed file. I did zip it so you'll need to extract it.

good luck
  3. chained22

chained22 New Member

Thanks

4. chained22

chained22 New Member

Tried to install it thru astro and easy app installer and it just say app not installed, any guess?

5. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

Either root explorer or SUFBS. Put the EmailGoogle.apk on your sdcard. Mount system as read/write, then copy it from your sdcard to /system/app/, unmount system, reboot.

good luck
  6. chained22

chained22 New Member

still a little new to this could you elaborate a little more, i mounted my phone and put the googleemail.apk on the root of the phone, unmounted the phone, downloaded explorer, when in to the sdcard from explorer long pressed googleemail.apk and tried to move it to system/app/ folder, but keep getting message of read-only. i need a little more detail if you could
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  7. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

Is that better?

To elaborate, mounting system as read/write is NOT the same as what you said, "I mounted my phone". That is why I gave an exact detail as to what was being mounted and how. I.E, the way I would describe what you did would be "Mount your sdcard as storage". It's all in the details.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  8. chained22

chained22 New Member

I really appreciate your help, found out bugless left it out, and found other problems: couldnt send pic and vid messages, for a sec i thought it was handcent, but it wasnt, and it wasnt the netwrk, a couple of my friends where having the exact same problem with bugless. So, i did get the email apk on the phone the way you said and it worked great; thank you. But, I did switch roms and Sourcery's rom already had googlemail.apk installed and i can send pic and vid too so everything is ok now. add me as a friend so i can talk to someone that can really help and actually messages back instead of leaving me hang
  9. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

Gald you got it working. And I did accept your friend request. And for that I will reply, but not always instantly, so as long as you're down wit dat, it's all good, G.

I am also glad to hear about your newest rom revalation; we are not supposed to 'rom bash' here, but the one that gave you trouble and led you to start this thread is one I will NEVER recommend. I will leave it at that.
  10. chained22

chained22 New Member

well thanks for you help. I got a lil more adventurous and flash clockwork, and then rom'd cyangonemod but didnt like it as much as sourcery, but it is preference. and with having sourcery on my phone for the last 2day now i have noticed a 2x improvement in battery life even with a 1ghz kernel.
Search tags for this page
droid tv apk doea anyone have a copy

droid tv apk does anyone have a copy

emailgoogle .apk download
emailgoogle apk

emailgoogle.apk

emailgoogle.apk 4.2.1
emailgoogle.apk application not installed

verizonlogin.apk droid bionic