does anyone have full tilt poker app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilsock

Reaction score
the market isnt working right now and id like to play but i didnt back it up and had to wipe.
full tilt poker rush poker app

or if anyone can get their market to dl it will they post it plzz

zerosum79

Reaction score
Total BS

I hope that everyone at android realizes that I specifically went out to buy an android phone yesterday (not Iphone which by the way, allows real money gambling apps in their app store) and I am severely mad as a hatter to find out that in the 12h since I decided to buy this phone and got it home that they have pulled this app from their market place.

To the small minded idiots who run the android store: You will not stop people from downloading the FTP rush poker app in the long run. You are just **** people off in the short run. Completely hypocritical when you are allowing people (probably little kids) to download a hustler mobile app. Totally completely ridiculous.

zero

Last edited by a moderator:

zerosum79

Reaction score
App is back up at the FTP site. You have to download and allow installation from a source that is not the official app site. Other than that it works perfectly.

zero

phaze3131

Reaction score
I hope that everyone at android realizes that I specifically went out to buy an android phone yesterday (not Iphone which by the way, allows real money gambling apps in their app store) and I am severely mad as a hatter to find out that in the 12h since I decided to buy this phone and got it home that they have pulled this app from their market place.

To the small minded idiots who run the android store: You will not stop people from downloading the FTP rush poker app in the long run. You are just **** people off in the short run. Completely hypocritical when you are allowing people (probably little kids) to download a hustler mobile app. Totally completely ridiculous.

zero

That's actually irritating, it's my device I should be allowed to download what I want from the app store.

zerosum79

Reaction score

zero

That's actually irritating, it's my device I should be allowed to download what I want from the app store.

Couldn't agree with you more, especially on an app that is allowing adults to participate in a perfectly legal activity and game of skill.

zero

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score

zero

Couldn't agree with you more, especially on an app that is allowing adults to participate in a perfectly legal activity and game of skill.

zero
Maybe before you get your panties in a bunch, you should wait for the full story.
Full Tilt Poker Already Pulled from Market? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
I think you can thank your government for this one, as they are the ones in charge of the legality of online poker.
First Amendment Lawyer - UIGEA and Internet Gambling?

zerosum79

Reaction score

zero
Maybe before you get your panties in a bunch, you should wait for the full story.
Full Tilt Poker Already Pulled from Market? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
I think you can thank your government for this one, as they are the ones in charge of the legality of online poker.
First Amendment Lawyer - UIGEA and Internet Gambling?

Since it is obvious that you did not even read anything that you actually linked here let me fill you in on the details.

FTP is not allowed in the android market because the market does allow real money gambling and the android market came out with a statement 2 days after it was posted saying that they did not allow real money gambling. It was not pulled by FTP and is now hosted somewhere else for download.

Secondly, the UIGEA is a law that was designed to make it illegal to transfer real money funds from a person to a illegal gambling institution. It does not make gambling illegal and it does not define what an illegal gambling institution is putting the burden on banks to enforce a prohibition style law. It was sponsored by religious crackpots who believe that you should have your constitutional freedoms limited.

Poker is a game of skill and should be exempted as a gambling game due to the fact that the outcome is predominantly based on skill in the long run. Although it is currently being argued in the courts as to whether this is the case it has been proven mathematically to be a game of skill.

Study Reveals Poker is a Game of Skill

I know you love your android but blindly defending the folks who run the app store for doing something dumb without any real basis for your opinion is dumb. Have a nice day!

zero

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Noob here - I downloaded the full tilt app but I get a "parse error" when I try to install it. Yes, I have checked the box in the controls to allow apps from unknown sources.

Any help?
Chances are you have a bad download - did you download it with your device or a computer ?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
If our constitutional freedoms weren't somewhat limited then our government wouldn't function. Look at the wikileaks issues as of late. What a stupid comment. With that said, I do think it's ridiculous to pull the app, but there's no reason to take it to a political level and possibly offend people on the forums over a poker application.

Last edited:

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Maybe y'all shouldn't gamble.... glad someone prevents it on droid apps

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Square Rounder

Reaction score
Maybe if you played you would know it is not gambling.

There are those that play to pay for the entertainment and those that play to collect the money of those who want to be entertained.

I have not had a down week in the two years it has been a bigger portion of my income than my company.

Where can you gamble and get those kind of results?

zerosum79

Reaction score
If our constitutional freedoms weren't somewhat limited then our government wouldn't function. Look at the wikileaks issues as of late. What a stupid comment. With that said, I do think it's ridiculous to pull the app, but there's no reason to take it to a political level and possibly offend people on the forums over a poker application.

You are right. You would think a mod would know better.

zero

zerosum79

Reaction score
Noob here - I downloaded the full tilt app but I get a "parse error" when I try to install it. Yes, I have checked the box in the controls to allow apps from unknown sources.

Any help?
Chances are you have a bad download - did you download it with your device or a computer ?

Are you using an android system with 2.2? It doesn't run on 2.1

zero

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
"Gambling is the wagering of money or something of material value (referred to as "the stakes") on an event with an uncertain outcome with the primary intent of winning additional money and/or material goods. Typically, the outcome of the wager is evident within a short period."

IT IS gambling, point blank, no questions asked. Just because some people are better at it than others does not mean it's not gambling. When you step to the poker table or to your computer or phone for that matter it is a calculated risk you take. Therefore, like I said, it's gambling.

Raziel36

Reaction score
"Gambling is the wagering of money or something of material value (referred to as "the stakes") on an event with an uncertain outcome with the primary intent of winning additional money and/or material goods. Typically, the outcome of the wager is evident within a short period."

IT IS gambling, point blank, no questions asked. Just because some people are better at it than others does not mean it's not gambling. When you step to the poker table or to your computer or phone for that matter it is a calculated risk you take. Therefore, like I said, it's gambling.

Take a few minutes and watch some poker tournaments. There's a reason why people, in the poker world, are "known", a reason final tables usually have more than a couple familiar faces. Argue gambling all you want, but it is definitively more skill than luck. Something like 80%+ of winning hands are folded pre-flop and definitely before the river card.

Anyhow, I was very thankful to find this app before it was pulled. In a couple hours of play, I turned 1000 chips into 141000 chips, and guarantee you that I was not just catching the right cards.. it's a game of skill. You don't have to wager anything to see your hand, only to continue with your hand. You can cut and run, at any time. Much different than throwing money on a number and hoping a ball lands on that number, with no way of affecting the outcome.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.