Does anyone have a Transparent SetCPU I can have?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Phxphenom, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Phxphenom

Phxphenom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The default app has a dark square background that I'd prefer to change...

Thanks,
    Marc

2. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Its a paid app

Thats a no no to ask for paid apps, but if you have it already I can help you out on learning how to make yours transparent its pretty easy with free pc apps
    [​IMG]
    I d/l'd 7.zip, and paint.net, both are free apps and I made mine transparent in just a few minutes.
    use root explorer to copy you setcpu to sdcard, then mount via your pc.
    Next navigate to your sdcard and rightclick on the setcpu.apk choose open archive. Nest navigate to Drawable folder and you will a few background png's I edited 3 myself widgetback.9.png, widgetback_gray.9.png, and widgetback_blue.9.png.
    I wasnt sure if I had to edit them all so rather than having to pull it off the phone again I just edited them all.
    Once you in the folder with them 3 files you can highlight them in 7.zip and rightclick then choose copy to [wherever you want to work on them].
    then just open them in paint.net, or gimp or if your have it and are good with it photoshop. All I do is use the araser tool to erase the background then save the files. Do not rename them once the 3 are edited you can drag them back into the still 7zip folder it will ask to replace click ok and then you can close 7zip.
    Now just use root explorer to push it back to your phone set permissions and reboot. After reboot re-add the widget to your desktop and your should see a fransparent one as you asked for.
    If you have trouble just msg me or post in the thread if im not around im sure plenty of us Droid heads as my GF calls me can help :)

3. J*Bishop

J*Bishop Member

Ratings:
    +0

in his defense, i don't think he was asking for a free version of setcpu. ;) thank you for your tutorial.

4. Phxphenom

Phxphenom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I already have the app but just want it transparent...Thanks and I will give it a go....

5. MAD450r

Ratings:
    +1
    If you have questions just ask

Im glad to help. seeing as I learned how to do this sort of thing here on thesee forums. there's so many helpful people on this great forum. Sorry didn't mean to come off like I did in the first post.

Setcpu is actually the app I learned on :)
    Now I end up making just about all my widgets transparent.

6. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @Mad- Do you really need that huge picture in your signature? It takes up more space than any post on this thread and is a real pain to scroll through on a mobile phone...

7. lockdownx1x

lockdownx1x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @MAD450r: Thanks for posting that advice will try it outwith my other apps.

Is this really necessary? Just sounds to me like its a complaint that should be sent as a PM not a post.

8. MAD450r

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry it bothers you

I've mentioned it before im legally blind so I always like things huge ;(
    you would hate seing my pc. 42, and still have my fonts way up. I'll try to use the smaller pics from now on since you've mentioned it bothers you more than once.