does anyone have a problem with losing sound

OP
W

wheeler062505

Reaction score
dashaus28 said:
Happened to me a few times, you don't need to reboot to fix. Go onto sound seeing, slide the ringtone volume left and right, you should here your ring. Get out of the menu and your back in business. My brother with a Maxx told me this, it happens to him too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

That's what I do, but after the first 10 times it get annoying.

dashaus28

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that it happens at a particular time? It's only happened to me 2 to 3 times in the past 2 weeks so I can't correlate it to something yet.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

OP
W

wheeler062505

Reaction score
dashaus28 said:
Has anyone noticed that it happens at a particular time? It's only happened to me 2 to 3 times in the past 2 weeks so I can't correlate it to something yet.

It's been happening to me for about a month now and still can't figure out the cause of the issue.

pistacio

Reaction score
Happens here also. I've had it happen on games and YouTube also, not just music.

cschanck

Reaction score
This happens to me, and it seems to be related to unplugging my headphones while music is playing. The next time I start music, I have no sound.

I found an app called 'toggleheadset2' that toggles you headset on and off. Switching it on, then off, always fixes my sound.

FWIW.

dashaus28

Reaction score
This happens to me, and it seems to be related to unplugging my headphones while music is playing. The next time I start music, I have no sound.

I found an app called 'toggleheadset2' that toggles you headset on and off. Switching it on, then off, always fixes my sound.

FWIW.

That's interesting, I don't plug in headphones but I do use a car mount. I have my mount setup not thru the jack but thru the usb y cable. I haven't had the sound problem since last time I posted but I have definitely used it in the car since then. Something to look into.

cschanck

Reaction score
Yeah, I think there's a bug in how the Bionic remembers the state of the speakers being on and off, which probably can be triggered a bunch of ways. But the toggle headset option seems to always fix it for me.

rawveeda

Reaction score
Add one more. It has happened while using "play music" & I have also had it happen while playing "granny smith". Whole game with out sound. The reboot fixed it. But now I am going try volume & headphone tricks next time.

dashaus28

Reaction score
Hadn't happened to me since the last time i posted but it happened again this morning. This morning was playing music in the car dock, i believe i paused it and then pulled it out of dock. About an hour later i tried to part music and it was mute. Tried that headphone switch app and it worked perfectly. I'm thinking more and more that this is some sort of dock issue that doesn't exhibit all the time, like perhaps its not turning off the sound to the USB port and putting it back to the speaker or something.

OP
W

wheeler062505

Reaction score
Hadn't happened to me since the last time i posted but it happened again this morning. This morning was playing music in the car dock, i believe i paused it and then pulled it out of dock. About an hour later i tried to part music and it was mute. Tried that headphone switch app and it worked perfectly. I'm thinking more and more that this is some sort of dock issue that doesn't exhibit all the time, like perhaps its not turning off the sound to the USB port and putting it back to the speaker or something.

I don't think so. It happens to me every so often and I don't have a dock.

dashaus28

Reaction score
I meant to say my problem is tied to the dock somehow but I'm sure there's other reasons too.