Does anyone have a DX2 that doesn't have problems?

sabbath70

Reaction score
i had my x2 for 6 months and besides music issues i havent had any problems

Willie_gs

Reaction score
At first had the usual music hiccups and restarting but for the music i changed SD card and worked fine.
Otherwise haven't had other problems.
2.3.3 loved it, fast and responsive.
2.3.4 lagging a lot and i have almost everything set to auto-end.
All original.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

03civicdx

Reaction score
I have 0 issues on the liberty rom. Even before the custom rom I only had one complaint on stock 2.3.4 and that was ram. That was fixed easy and fast with task manager.

Sent from my liberated X2.

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
The only major issue I've ever had with my X2 was the multiple text message issue that was eliminated with the Gingerbread update in August.

I have no problems that disrupt me from using the phone. There isn't anything I can complain about. I like my X2...and am happy I chose with phone.

Snowrider

Reaction score
Only thing that I dislike is the lack of volume on the speaker and speaker phone

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Only thing that I dislike is the lack of volume on the speaker and speaker phone

Now that you mention it...yea, I have noticed that too. Not a major issue...but I do have to agree with you on that...it could be louder.

tindogify

Reaction score
Love my dx2.. scare to get another phone because of all the problems... by the way no problem here

rrokit

Reaction score
Bought my phone in mid-summer and it worked flawlessly until 8.25.11 when the battery started going dead after about 5 hours whether I used it or not. Took it to the company store where I bought it and they could find nothing wrong. I picked up the phone and left, whereupon the battery died after about 15 minutes. Took it right back to the store and they said nothing was wrong, deal with it.
So I dealt with it for a couple of weeks thinking perhaps it was an update gone wrong or something. Finally, charging the phone 3-4 times a day got to me and I called VZ and they reset the phone after I deleted every app. Didn't work. Same result. VZ sent me a new battery. Didn't work. Same result.
After putting up with this for a month they gave up and sent me a new refurbished phone. So I end up with a "used" phone after buying a new one 4 months earlier. So far this one works.
...but so did the other one for the first few weeks.
I do like the phone, though.

gkitab

Reaction score
I'm in the first two weeks of my contract, so I can still take my DX2 back and get a different phone. I really like the X2, but I haven't found one that doesn't shut off by itself. Also learning about all the problems with the music player makes me weary.
Does anyone have a X2 that doesn't have problems? I really like Android phones, but after reading posts on this forum and other sites I've learned that people are having serious issues with all drioids. I don't want to go Apple, but is that what I have to do to get a good phone that works well?

Pleasantly surprised with D3 Assurion replacement for X2!
Well guys I look at this as a blessing in disguise. I woke up to a couple random reboots two days ago. Did all the normal troubleshooting except for sbf. Called assurion since I lost my X and they had none and gave me a X2 that has been a torn in my side. I thought it was gonna be better and have been quite dissapointed.

After assurion insisted on troubleshooting all they same things I did already, after factory resetting I could not get connected to server to activate. Rendering my phone in even worse condition. They said they would mail me a replacement.

I asked if the were any other options, last time we talked the best they could do was a incredible2, which I declined. I played dumb and asked if there were any other dual core 3g phones since I wasnt happy with the tegra 2 based phones. I told them I had read alot about the droid x2 and many people have been unpleased, maybe it was like getting a new model car and they say to wait for the following year so they are able to tweak everything. Kinda like tegra 2 and now all the phones are using the omap dual core. She offered me the droid 3 which I jumped all over, which is what I wanted last time I called in.

I am not a X2 hater, I loved my X which unfortunately I lost. I thought the X2 would be so much better and not need all this hackery to make it something.

What has me plesantly surprised with the D3, which is only rooted and debloated, no scripts, roms or anything else, is I just scored a 2047 on quadrant. Blew away my X2 score on smartbench and antutu came in right under sgs2. Now that had me impressed, since with my X2 on the atrix rom with scripts and all the goodies the best I could get in quadrant was 1700s.

Having a keyboard again is nice, its a world phone, 1080p recording, front cam as well, 3d motoblur is very desirable, and the pentile looks better a bit smaller. I really like this phone as a replacement to X2.

So after putting this out there, I know there are tons of unhappy X2 owner, so if you can figure away to get a droid 3 from assurion, you know what I mean, which shouldnt be hard with all the issues the phone has, GO FOR IT, you will be very surprised.

Oh I forgot to mention they also sent me a free car charger and earpiece, which probably doesn't cost them much, but was a nice surprise. They must several unhappy people with the X2s they decide to give out in place of X.