Does anyone find the X too big?

OP
DKG

DKG

Reaction score
I think I will love the screen size when playing around & browsing, I"m more concerned with carrying it around. Will it get to be too cumbersome? Like if I'm going out with my purse & have it in my hand, will it be awkward? Thanks for all your input!

nanoera

Reaction score
You don't have to wait until then. Verizon should be able to bump you for early upgrade any time now.

As for the size, unless you use it one-handed all the time, I found it perfect size for two thumb typing and browsing.

cypherx82

Reaction score
I think I will love the screen size when playing around & browsing, I"m more concerned with carrying it around. Will it get to be too cumbersome? Like if I'm going out with my purse & have it in my hand, will it be awkward? Thanks for all your input!

Being a guy I can't really speak to that, but you get used to the X' s size in only a day or two.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I'd like to get the Droid X as well. Size isn't a problem, I just want to be able to root/flash roms to it.. I don't think 2.57 inches is that big, especially for people with big hands like me. The Droid is just a little bigger than 2 inches, so in comparison its about 1 1/2 droids put together.

EDIT: A friend read this, and pointed out this can be taken a little sexual...not intended :D

nanoera

Reaction score
I carry it in my jeans pocket without problem. Should stay happy in your purse.

DroidD3

Reaction score
Not too long ago, we would have been saying look how slim and compact it is. I'm from the old school and old enough to still remember my first cell phone from radio shack the size of a toaster and twice as heavy. ;)

My wife is petite and loves the size of the DroidX. She remembers too, how big cells use to be. Carries it fine in her purse.

Grnzoom

Reaction score
After having to carry a phone and Itouch, the X is perfect. One gadget not two.
It's just a little bigger than the Itouch, size isn't a problem for me.

turnbuckle17

Reaction score
What's too big? The screen size doesn't compromise too much as far as portable and readable access to information and video.

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U
I initially thought its was large. But without the physical keyboard, it's a lot thinner and lighter.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Think it's big? Do you have any memories of the phones in the 80's and 90's?

Follow this link:

In Pictures: A History of Cell Phones - PCWorld

As you go along you will see them get smaller. Huge cell phones.

Nice link hook.

I can put it in my pocket camera first, (I normally do, it just feels natural) I can put it in and take it out my pocket sitting down, other things can fit in the pocket with it. Times I dont know where it is I pat my pockets looking for it....

Im a guy, I dont wear baggy pants. More like straight leg, loose fit.

Just to give an idea if its too big......;)

tmoney2007

Reaction score
I wouldn't have bought it if it was too big... I like the huge screen and most of the time I use swype with one hand or two.

Works great.

dendk

Reaction score
After carrying it for a week now I am getting used to it, the addition of a hardened case has made it much bigger but it is protected.

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
I was totally worried about this coming from an LG Dare.

I have to tell you 100% honestly after having my X for a day or two it felt SMALL! I love this phone. The size is great! 5inch screens are not that far off...