Does anyone find the X too big?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by DKG, Jul 27, 2010.

1. DKG

DKG New Member

I am due for an upgrade on 8/1. I really want the driod, but when I go to look at in the Verizon store the size scares me! :icon_eek: I will be coming from a Palm Centro. I would just go with the Incredible but I love the car & desk dock that they have for the X. I am a female so I guess it will be in my purse most of the time. Just wondering if anyone found it to be too big after they received it. I really want to love it, but again, seeing it in person I'm afraid that It will feel too big. Yours opinions please!!
  2. sartwell

sartwell New Member

I went to Verizon yesterday thinking I wanted a X but after seeing it and the Incredible side by side I went with the Incredible because of the size.
  3. heycow

heycow New Member

I thought I would, but the ONLY time it's "too big" is when I'm holding the phone with one hand and try to use the thumb of my holding hand to reach across the screen. It fits in my pocket better than I thought it would, and honestly the advantages of the larger size make up for ANY negatives (IMHO).
  4. 1694kyle

1694kyle New Member

Look at it from the perspective that your "phone" isn't much of a phone anymore. It's a multimedia hub that connects you with anything you want. Now ask yourself, "Would I rather spend my time streaming, reading, surfing, texting, viewing, playing, etc..from a higher resolution display with more efficient battery usage?" Yes.

The call capabilities are a bonus.

Like anything you get used to it. I love it
  5. HeroNova

HeroNova New Member

I did the exact opposite. I had the incredible and when i went into the store and saw the droid X I returned the incredible and got that. I'm a guy though and have pretty big hands, so I like the size.
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

7. rickreno

rickreno New Member

Not at all, it's the perfect size.
  8. motorhaith

motorhaith New Member

well, i have the incredible... i had the droid 1, upgraded to incredible and then to the droid x... honestly, using the x for like 2 weeks now, and looking back at the incredible, its like, wow the incredible is really small! so i guess it takes a little time to get used to, but i dont think that its too big to use... i actually like the droid alot!
  9. Breakmyfootoff

Breakmyfootoff New Member

i've been using my X for about 2 weeks now, last night I got out the old MotoDroid to get it set up for my dad since I'm giving t to him, and my first thought was "How in the hell did I enjoy this phone so much with this tiny screen?". The 3.7 inch screen just seemed very sub par after getting used to the 4.3.
  10. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    I don't think it is to big.. I finally have a phone made for big hands!!!
  11. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Not for me...perfect size...
  12. stryguy

stryguy New Member

My favorite thing about the Droid X's size.. Not having to zoom in on every webpage so that you can read it.

My least favorite thing is the lump it makes when my wife puts her's in the pocket of her tiny little shorts she's been wearing this summer. :p
  13. DKG

DKG New Member

Thanks for all the replies. I am definitely giving the Droid X a chance!!!
  14. thelion

thelion New Member

I am a girl with tiny hands. Like, really really small hands. Droid X is not too big. It is perfect :)
  15. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

The thing that caught me about that article is how old it is - I noticed it was a pre-iPhone era article. And then it really struck me just how new all of this stuff really is - it seems hard to believe that back in 2007, no one knew what an iPhone was. I really thought the iPhone was alot older than Android - turns out not so much.

Sidenote - I can remember the Kyocera QCP6035 coming out like it was yesterday. At the time, I thought it was silly marrying a cellphone to a Palm device. Actually, at the time I thought smartphones were a silly concept. Strange how as technology becomes better, things that seemed somewhat useless now seem like a necessity. At least now, the phones are getting big again due to screen size. Used to be, the electronics took up all that space and weight.

As for the Droid X size thing? Personally, i'm used to carrying my DROID around, and i'm quite fond of the 3.7" screen - i prefer smaller screen/higher DPI if I have to choose. As a matter of fact, it may just be that i've gotten used to it; but the DROID seems the perfect size and weight to me. It works very well one-handed, which matters alot to me. And the keyboard-less devices all seem too light in my hand. But in the end, it's up to personal preference. You have to play with one in person for awhile, and see if it's something you could get used to. (And yes, That's what she said............)
  16. DKG

DKG New Member

I think I will love the screen size when playing around & browsing, I"m more concerned with carrying it around. Will it get to be too cumbersome? Like if I'm going out with my purse & have it in my hand, will it be awkward? Thanks for all your input!
  17. nanoera

nanoera New Member

You don't have to wait until then. Verizon should be able to bump you for early upgrade any time now.

As for the size, unless you use it one-handed all the time, I found it perfect size for two thumb typing and browsing.
  18. cypherx82

cypherx82 New Member

Being a guy I can't really speak to that, but you get used to the X' s size in only a day or two.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  19. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend New Member

I'd like to get the Droid X as well. Size isn't a problem, I just want to be able to root/flash roms to it.. I don't think 2.57 inches is that big, especially for people with big hands like me. The Droid is just a little bigger than 2 inches, so in comparison its about 1 1/2 droids put together.

EDIT: A friend read this, and pointed out this can be taken a little sexual...not intended :D
  20. nanoera

nanoera New Member

I carry it in my jeans pocket without problem. Should stay happy in your purse.
Search tags for this page
droid x is too big

droid x too big

is the droid x too big
thought droid x was to large
too big to x
too big x