Does anyone even use motocast?

Reaction score
I use the motorola music app because I can change the song without having to unlock the phone. With google music you have to unlock the phone to change (I also use a pin number on my phone)

I never noticed that with Google music but I use amazon music and I don't have to unlock my phone either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

jch81

Reaction score
Yeah its way easier just to be able to click the the button to wake up the phone and be able to see what song is playing and have the ability to pause or change the song without unlocking the phone and putting in my pin and all that.

SallyC

Reaction score
I have a Google Music widget on my lockscreen which shows me the song, artist, pause/play and forward button.

The only issue I had with GM was it sideloading podcasts from BeyondPod. Turns out there's an option in BP to hide them so now that's not a problem.

I can see where if you have multiple people who want to use the account it could be an issue. I guess you could create a family google account just for Music.

gaudenti

Reaction score
I use it occasionally, as it's nicely integrated into the OS. However I've been a Sugarsync user for years, so I'm kinda already used to accessing my stuff through that. If it wasn't for Sugarsync, I'd probably use Motocast a lot more.

Sorry to get sorta back on topic :) but has anyone else used SugarSync? How does it compare to Motocast? If I haven't used either, should I just go with Motocast? I just want to be able to access stuff on my home computer. My "personal cloud", as was mentioned.

Thanks . . .

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry to get sorta back on topic :) but has anyone else used SugarSync? How does it compare to Motocast? If I haven't used either, should I just go with Motocast? I just want to be able to access stuff on my home computer. My "personal cloud", as was mentioned.

Thanks . . .

Well depending on how much space you need, Motocast is free and integrated pretty well into your phone. Sugarsync is free up to 5 gb. Sugarsync will also give you some cloud storage in addition to your computer. I use them both, as I've been a Sugarsync user for years and already have them syncing two of my computers as well as auto-backup of mobile photos (which Motocast does as well). But Motocast is better integrated into the phone and if I didn't have Sugarsync and just wanted what it sounds like you want, I'd probably just use Motocast.