Does anyone else think that the Razr Maxx camera sucks?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Agree with the above poster re: the necessity of keeping the camera steady. I'm really challenged in that regard, and my pics are often blurry...

To keep the camera steady, cheat! Use table tops, anything solid, my favorite is door jambs. You can aim for your shot, and even pan for a video. All the while standing in a comfortable position.
I also agree with the comments above, digital zoom = bad! Walk closer or crop the picture later. Here's a night pic at a Hotel that I used the door jamb trick on.

a6fa2d9e-1785-df53.jpg

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Along with keeping the phone steady, it helps me to use the timer in conjunction with using a solid surface.

altjx

Reaction score
how about that flash? anyone having the 'flash' not time correctly to show a darkened image?

I agree. With my camera, sometimes when it flashes, it actually shows the picture darker. This was very confusing and frustrated the living hell out of me. I wondered how in the world the bright light can flick and then the camera takes a picture like 0.5 seconds later, not even capturing the light that was just shown on the object I took a picture on. This is totally screwed.

To keep the camera steady, cheat! Use table tops, anything solid, my favorite is door jambs. You can aim for your shot, and even pan for a video. All the while standing in a comfortable position.
I also agree with the comments above, digital zoom = bad! Walk closer or crop the picture later. Here's a night pic at a Hotel that I used the door jamb trick on.

a6fa2d9e-1785-df53.jpg

Sent by my new Droid Razr Maxx

Eh...

Compared to my wife's i*hone 4S, I would have to say there is no comparison. My pics always pretty hazy. I also noticed that I have to take a few more steps back to take a picture. Even when I am not zooming in.

So yes, I would agree that the camera "sucks" on the Maxx in said comparison.

I would say the iPhone 4s takes much higher quality pictures than the DROID RAZR MAXX. I've had my 4s since the release date, and just sold it last week to get the RAZR MAXX, and I definitely noticed a huge difference in quality. For me, this kind of proves my points to my friends about the specifications. Although apple was a little behind on upgrading the MP, they've always did great work when they upgraded any piece of hardware on the iPhones. It was never just slapping something that sounds great together and it not produce the expected quality.

jhuntin

Reaction score
My nephew just bought an Iphone 4s and I must say the camera is pretty impressive. Actually it is really nice, but it was not that much better than the camera on the razr maxx. With that being said I can not state enough that the camera is the only thing that the Iphone 4s does better than the razr. I was extremely disappointed and shocked. Disappointed because I expected a lot more out of the iphone. I would barely consider the iphone a smartphone. I would compare it to a pretty blackberry. Shocked because of all the hype and great reviews the iphone gets. It took me 19 minutes to download speedtest.net from the apple app store. To be fair 10 minutes was my mistake because after 5 mins I switch to a web page and 10 mins later went back and the download paused. I continued and it was an addition 4mins. Remember when windows would do that back in the mid 90's. So I will trade a slightly lesser camera to have an awesome phone like the Razr maxx than to have a piece of garbage joke phone with a good camera.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
camera = good
software = trash

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

GSdub510

Reaction score
Camera is bad but the video recording is good. I just wish the default was on 1080p instead of 720 for the concert I went to.