Does anyone else see thru this?

indee2025

Reaction score
Does anyone else with a working knowledge of how Kevlar is used think it's funny to see this on the Droid Razr?

Don't get me wrong I think it's a good selling point to have a device that looks like it's created by Michael Bay with features like Kevlar & nano particle protecting even the inside chips from the evil forces of.....dew? Moisture?

The device seems great but the Kevlar?...won't stop bullets and I didn't think Kevlar was touted for it's ability to be a better wall than say a rubber coated aluminum backing in this case since it's within the frame...I'm still very interested in getting hands on in the store but I'm not going to sell off my rooted/tweaked bionic....what do you think?

MightyT01

Reaction score
It may be a marketing gimmick or actually functional. I'm more impressed with the nano coating and the semi-water proofing of the phone. Moto does make good hardware and if the GNex wasn't coming out, I'd give the Razr a whirl for sure. I do love the new accessories coming out, especially the Lapdock 100 and the HDMI dock like the Bionic.

My OG Droid is still as strong, physically, as the day I got it.

R

RETG

Not sure if Kevlar is needed, but it is also noted for other things other than vests.
It has a high tensile strength and can take some very high temps before breaking down; while being very light when compared to other strong, heat resistant materials.

Goodyear uses it in the sidewalls of one of their extreme off-road tires (M/T Kevlar) and from personal experience, it sure can take some sharp rocks poking into it and not be cut through.

Not sure if it will be a selling point since I don't plan on throwing the phone at rocks and if the phone temp exceed 750 degrees F,innardsnards would be melted anyway.

Heywood

Reaction score
Just water proof your Droid with the spray on stuff for clothes...viola!...nano technology

Oaklands

Reaction score
The kevlar is for when that very volatile battery goes poof. ;)

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think they used it in order to make it that thin while keeping it strong. Another material may have been too heavy or too thin and brittle.

And of course when the battery explodes at least you will be ok.

OP
indee2025

indee2025

Reaction score
The kevlar is for when that very volatile battery goes poof. ;)

HAHA very true, it must be a special battery to not offer removal & support 4G LTE, all the bloatware & verizon double wear (if that phrase kicks off please credit me as I haven't seen it before)

Double wear= verizon backup assistant even though there's a google backup, verizon video player although there's already a stock android video player, verizon music player & visual voice mail even though there's a stock music player & google voice sends the transcripts of voicemails to your gmail to read without paying verizon an extra fee...verizon not only adds the bloatware like blockbuster but also apps of their own (double wear) that simply do the SAME function or worse than the versions already made by google & come with a stock android experience...

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
And of course when the battery explodes at least you will be ok.
nope, most people keep their phone face in with cover outside to protect the glass. So yeah, it will save others but you are going to die :)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So many great lines in this thread already...

...protecting even the inside chips from the evil forces of.....dew? Moisture?

Not sure if it will be a selling point since I don't plan on throwing the phone at rocks and if the phone temp exceed 750 degrees F,innardsnards would be melted anyway.

Just water proof your Droid with the spray on stuff for clothes...viola!...nano technology

would that be the everlasting scotchgard you refer to?

verizon double wear (if that phrase kicks off please credit me as I haven't seen it before)

I like that term... more specific than bloat, yet still implies what it needs to...

nope, most people keep their phone face in with cover outside to protect the glass. So yeah, it will save others but you are going to die

clearly you're unaware that Gorilla glass is also indestructible...