Does anyone else have this very annoying problem with the Android Market?

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
I have a Droid Bionic. When I open the Market and click on "My Apps", nothing shows up. Meaning I can't get updates or see installed apps. I've been forced to use the Appbrain app to find my updates on this device. My other Android devices work fine and all apps appear. I've contacted Google support on more than one occasion and all they've told me, more or less, is "We're aware of it." This has been going on since November and when I bought the phone it worked fine. Here's what is says:

http://bit.ly/xU1bsX

I'm at a loss on this.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I'd clear the data & cache to see if that helps. Just go to settings>apps(or manage apps), select All at the top, scroll down & look for the Market & select it. You'll see the buttons for clearing data & cache. Then go back & open the market. It will ask you to accept the terms again, just hit ok & it will open so you can check if it worked. Hope this will help.

OP
Sanitarium09

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
Yep, I've done that. I've also uninstalled the market and cleared the data on "google services framework". When it comes back, my paid apps are there the first time I open "my apps" but once I leave that it keeps right on doing it.

rza49311

Reaction score
Do you have more than one google account setup on the phone? I've seen this problem with two accounts setup. The apps screen will be blank but if I hit menu > accounts and pick the other account, they all show up.

OP
Sanitarium09

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
Do you have more than one google account setup on the phone? I've seen this problem with two accounts setup. The apps screen will be blank but if I hit menu > accounts and pick the other account, they all show up.

Yes, there are two Google accounts on the phone. The other account does show the apps associated with that account. I'd move everything to that account, but the problem is that all of my paid apps are on the account that will not show that apps.

yaterml

Reaction score
This worked for me, first I am not reponsible if this mess up your phone, this worked for me, your results may vary.
Delete the good working profile as not to mess it up.
Use Titanium to destroy all your market links
Reboot Phone
Use a file explorer with root access to delete the market_assessts.db file located in /data/data/com.android.vending/databases
(For this I used ES file explorer make sure to enable root access, and to allow it to be writable.)
Reboot Phone
Use Titanium Back Up to relink applications
(These cannot be non-market apps. No pirated, No third party apps, no paid apps you didn't purchase through the market place. Relinking any of these will re-break the profile once the market looks for updates to the programs.) Link all free and paid apps that you got through Google Android Market Place
Reboot Phone
Enjoy, it can take up to 15 minutes for the apps to come back, after they do re-add your second working Google profile.
Using any program that backs up, or edits market links will rebreak this connection.
Googles server looks for anything and I mean anything that might mean you have a rooted phone and rejects your connections. Once you do this relink you cannot individually edit the links or it will rebreak the connection. I have heard that having TB or Rom Manager will automatically cause you to lose market access. Thanks you

gsDroid

Reaction score
I'm rooted, use Titanium backup and Rom Manager and have never lost market links. I don't believe any of that is the cause of the OP's problem. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution to offer.

OP
Sanitarium09

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
This worked for me, first I am not reponsible if this mess up your phone, this worked for me, your results may vary.
Delete the good working profile as not to mess it up.
Use Titanium to destroy all your market links
Reboot Phone
Use a file explorer with root access to delete the market_assessts.db file located in /data/data/com.android.vending/databases
(For this I used ES file explorer make sure to enable root access, and to allow it to be writable.)
Reboot Phone
Use Titanium Back Up to relink applications
(These cannot be non-market apps. No pirated, No third party apps, no paid apps you didn't purchase through the market place. Relinking any of these will re-break the profile once the market looks for updates to the programs.) Link all free and paid apps that you got through Google Android Market Place
Reboot Phone
Enjoy, it can take up to 15 minutes for the apps to come back, after they do re-add your second working Google profile.
Using any program that backs up, or edits market links will rebreak this connection.
Googles server looks for anything and I mean anything that might mean you have a rooted phone and rejects your connections. Once you do this relink you cannot individually edit the links or it will rebreak the connection. I have heard that having TB or Rom Manager will automatically cause you to lose market access. Thanks you

Thanks for the help, however I tried this and it didn't work. This has to be some problem on Google's end. I'm going to have to just keep on hounding them. I don't know what else I can do.

yaterml

Reaction score
It is a "problem" on Google's end. Its a connection error, whether its the sim ID doesn't match and it rejects, its intentionally rejects because the link have been tampered with, or whatever cause. I troubled shooted what was causing my error. It defaults to this screen because it thinks you don't have any applications installed. Google originally told me it was because I had switched sim cards, no the case I had tried all three in there. Then it was a data issue so I cleared my data for the market. Still nothing. Then it meant it was an end-user error. Meaning it was rooted however I got a new phone so it hadn't been rooted, old profile nothing. So I created a new profile, bingo it had everything as in basic preinstalled apps. So I knew it was only for one profile not the phone. I unistalled the update to the market, suspicions confirmed kept getting rejected server error on old profile processed through with the new one no problem. I rooted my phone in an attempt to fix it, and the market.assests seams to be the culprit of the issue it stores the files as they relate to what's on my phone. I deleted the file and makret links but it didn't return the files so I added them back in one batch file restoring via the TB that way it couldn't see that it had been edited only by created. First few times it rejected but I finally found the combination of apps that allow it to work, what worked for me was only application I downloaded to my phone and the stock applications that came with it, nothing from 3rd parties. I have TB on my market but someone else said they had issues with anything that would show rooted to Google. Which would make since as my Droid X was rooted but not my Bionic and caused the issue in the first place. Different phones same account same issue. But if you try to go back and manually edit the market links I.e. line by line it kills it again. If you don't do it correctly in the first batch relink it wont work or wont work for long, but like I said its what worked for me your results might vary.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

yaterml

Reaction score
I found an app that seams to fix the problem ill post it if I can.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Sanitarium09

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
Last edited:

debrad0307

Reaction score

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any chance that Market Fixer will take care of the fact that I dumped facebook, and twitter cr'apps and market keeps showing them as "not installed" in "my apps" as opposed to just not showing them at all??? I'd really like them *gone for good*.

Never mind... I just noticed it isn't compatible with my poor old D1.

MikeMasso

Reaction score
I've been getting a notification that my package files are invalid when my phone is updating my apps every once in a while.. not sure why though.

scottocs

Reaction score
Wow

I'm so glad I clicked on this thread.
The Market Fixer app worked great.