Does anyone else feel shafted by Moto?

bigtex52

Reaction score
Good call there, CJ. To continue replies on topic, NOPE, don't feel shafted by moto. Had an OG Droid for 2 years and this Bionic works smoother and faster than my droid ever did. Any transient problems will be taken care of by moto, I have complete faith. My OG came with a few bugs and it took a few wks/mo to get those things ironed out and this won't be any different. Your questions and comments look a little like a theme of misery loves company, but I don't think you aren't going to find it here. Hope you finally find a phone that please you.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Either they are so busy with something else that the bionic got put on the back burner, or the phone has some serious issues that they can't figure out how to fix, and software isn't doing it. I'm sure they are doing everything they can to save the bionic. Yes its frustrating, but I still love my phone. I hope they figure it out, and if they can't that they get me into a phone that does work!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I'm perfectly fine with the fact that some people's phones work as well as they would like. But don't you see the problem with what you're suggesting to those that have phones with problems? "they are so busy with something else that the bionic got put on the back burner"?? They weren't too busy to tell me my phone would "control all phones", nor were they too busy to take my $300 for it either.

I'm getting the impression by Motorola's silence on this, that they just want this whole Bionic thing to just die out as the Razr and whatever else they got in their lineup comes out.

All I want is what I paid for, but I'm having to wait and wait and wait... with no real hint that I'm going to be able to say I wasn't ripped off... or else pay full retail for the next big thing (another rip-off?).

And I'm glad the rest of y'all are happy with your Bionic. :)

xmguy

Reaction score
Hell yeah! I do. Feel like the Bionic it the older brother while the Razr is the baby that gets all the love. Thanks VZW and Motorola!

HOWEVER. If a update is coming that will fix the issues. Data number one. Camera two. I'll be happy. The bionic is much the same as the razr. So its not a HUGE deal Breaker.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem is, it turns into Phone Holy Wars whenever someone says their phone has problems and suggests people steer clear of it. The Zealots then come out and feel like they have to defend their phone of choice. It's quite ridiculous really, and it's this Jihad mentality that starts the degradation of a perfectly fine thread.

The psychology is fascinating... some people just have to feel like they are on a "winning team" and being able to say "my phone is better than your phone" is a big ego boost, and how dare anyone disparage their phone because, obviously, it's THE winner.

:D

Unfortunately phones, at least ones with contracts, aren't like tooth paste so you could try one phone one week, then change back to your old phone and try another one another week. What would be nice if there was a plan (maybe pay a little extra) where you'd have a 2-year contact and a phone. You don't like that phone and you want to turn it in. You go in and sell the phone back (pro-rated) to Verizon (who refurbishes them for their new "pre-owned" market or donated to charities for the tax write off) and use that money to pay the difference for another phone. And you could do this throughout your contract. The problem with that idea is that you'd never really own the phone and may ending up paying way over the original price over the contract if you changed phones often.

The other problem is there is no universal panacea for phones. Everyone is different in where they live and what they what in a phone. We all live in different areas, with different apps and different mods. Some may have no problems so they can't see why someone is complaining and others have problems and can't see why others live with them. When I got my Prius in 2005 (when they were hard to find) I'd see posts in the Prius forum about people seeing a Prius on a lot and buying it without a test drive. Then they'd say the Prius was a terrible car because of the seats. After they'd post their size and weight you could see why they're complaining, but as I wasn't their height and weight I have no problem. Right now I'm doing better with my Bionic in terms of 4Glte than ever before (but it still goes from 4Glte to 3G to 1X to none depending on where I am in my house).

Heck, if I owned a phone based on my needs vs my wants I'd still be using my Moto E815. :)

Last edited:

916A2

Reaction score
Heck, if I owned a phone based on my needs vs my wants I'd still be using my Moto E815. :)
That was my first Moto phone, it was with Amp'd Mobile and I really liked the phone, was sad to see Amp'd go down. Although happy their customer service went with it!

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I'd rather have the Bionic. The only things I like skinny are women!

Agreed! I was offered by a VZW employee today to switch to the RAZR at no cost, and I am not going to do it because I would prefer a phone that I can remove the battery. The reason for this, is because I purchased the extended battery for my Bionic and I LOVE it. RAZR looks cool, but I would still prefer my Bionic. It would be an even easier decision for me if the Data Connectivity issues were fixed.