Does anyone else feel shafted by Moto?

TatDroid

Reaction score
Interesting review of the Razor HERE. The most telling quote from the review is:

"And, as expected, it won't last long if you're on Verizon's faster data network: Using a combination of LTE and Verizon's slower 3G network to surf the Web, stream an episode of "The Office," download apps and stream music from Pandora, I only had 15 percent battery life left after two-and-a-half hours."

That would be tough to deal with - especially since extended battery is NOT AN OPTION!

I continue to be very satisfied with my Bionic, and can safely say you can count me in as one who does not agree with the part of the OP's original post which says that the Razor is "a better model from the same manufacturer". Different - yes. Better - maybe some features individually are marginally better. But I don't agree that overall it's a "better" phone.

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks. I posted something there as the thread went on to say whether the Hard Reset (intended to return to Factory Specs, not just a restart) is Power + Volume Up/Down (like the Bionic) or Power + Volume Down. I replied:

On the Bionic, Hard Reset (aka Return to Factory Specs) is Power + Volume Up/Down but if you look at Hard Reset Motorola Droid Razr it shows Power + Volume Down

The problem is the first step

1. Turn off the Phone. Press and hold Volume Down button, press Power button.

Please note the first thing.........Turn off the Phone. If the phone isn't turned off to begin with, this won't work. I thought the RAZR had a hole to stick in a paper clip for reset.

UPDATE:
I was told on page 55 of the RAZR manual shows that Crash Recovery is Power + Volume Down for 10 seconds so there is a way to recover if the RAZR stops working. On page 53 of the Bionic Manual it says to pull the battery.

Last edited:

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Maybe, for like the first two days after the RAZR was announced. I mean, it does look sexy as hell (except for the tapered corners; I could actually do without that). But after reading review after review and actually holding one in my hand, I'll take my Bionic over that any day of the week. It's almost too thin to feel real, and I like a little weight to my phone; it gives me a reassuring feeling, you know? The screen is noticeably dimmer, which is something I think would really bother me. Seeing as to how I can drain my Bionic's battery pretty quickly, I don't think a non-removable battery is for me after all. And the dealbreaker is the size. That bezel is larger than you think. That phone is pretty darn wide; I don't think I can do much with it one handed. I think it'd feel weird up against my face for phone calls, it's that wide. And I think that'll be a turn off for a lot of women looking at this phone. My hands are easily a womens' medium and I still had a hard time handling it.

McGyver777

Reaction score
Razer doesn't have removable battery, so no, that is a huge downgrade on my view, don't feel shafed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

joshmiddle

Reaction score
Same with me. They seem to be working on updates to take care of any bugs. Not feeling shafted either.

916A2

Reaction score
No, because I dont believe the Razr is all its cut out to be, pun intended. :) I dig my Atrix 2 and think its a very nice device, I wish we could unlock the bootloader so I could get my fix for flashing roms and what not. But $50 for a device of this caliber beats $300 for a device with all the shortcomings of the Razr, I'll pass.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Hopefully that won't be the case... I'd look at it as constructive complaining, rightly justified. I think this forum is a great consumer tool for getting feedback. Phone vendors are getting a bit lax about testing then subsequently fixing problems. Wish they'd do more field testing with some of the folks on these forums. Hopefully the vendors are watching this forum as it is a great gauge of what is going on, even given that most out here are power users and/or early adaptors. Where I'd shut it down is when it gets distastful or vulgar. Nothing wrong with a lively debate as long as it does not go over the line. Just my opinion.

Wow, AGAIN we have to do one of these threads?

I'm taking bets - how long before we get calls for a class action lawsuit, pointless bickering, then the mods shut it down? Just like has happened with all the previous ones.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Hopefully that won't be the case... I'd look at it as constructive complaining, rightly justified. I think this forum is a great consumer tool for getting feedback. Phone vendors are getting a bit lax about testing then subsequently fixing problems. Wish they'd do more field testing with some of the folks on these forums. Hopefully the vendors are watching this forum as it is a great gauge of what is going on, even given that most out here are power users and/or early adaptors. Where I'd shut it down is when it gets distastful or vulgar. Nothing wrong with a lively debate as long as it does not go over the line. Just my opinion.

The problem is, it turns into Phone Holy Wars whenever someone says their phone has problems and suggests people steer clear of it. The Zealots then come out and feel like they have to defend their phone of choice. It's quite ridiculous really, and it's this Jihad mentality that starts the degradation of a perfectly fine thread.

The psychology is fascinating... some people just have to feel like they are on a "winning team" and being able to say "my phone is better than your phone" is a big ego boost, and how dare anyone disparage their phone because, obviously, it's THE winner.

:D

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Dlo, come on dude, you go from thread to thread just repeating the same thing over and over. We don't care that you're dissatisfied with your phone, we let you say the same thing like 5 times before someone finally said something. We're just sick of seeing the same few posters thread hop and talk about how mad they are over the data drop issue/no update. Seriously, go through each thread one by one, and do a count on how many times somebody mentions how angry they are. Get's old man, get's old...then, regardless of how calmly someone approached your post in defense, you go around telling us to calm down, claiming we're all idiots/jihadists/zealots because we disagree with you. THEN you turn it around again to make us look like the bad guy for disagreeing with you, again regardless of whether it's a pro/anti Bionic thread. I can't be the only one who see's a problem with this...

You want to talk fascinating psychology? Look into the mindset of an internet troll, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what you might learn about yourself...

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Dlo, come on dude, you go from thread to thread just repeating the same thing over and over. We don't care that you're dissatisfied with your phone, we let you say the same thing like 5 times before someone finally said something. We're just sick of seeing the same few posters thread hop and talk about how mad they are over the data drop issue/no update. Seriously, go through each thread one by one, and do a count on how many times somebody mentions how angry they are. Get's old man, get's old...then, regardless of how calmly someone approached your post in defense, you go around telling us to calm down, claiming we're all idiots/jihadists/zealots because we disagree with you. THEN you turn it around again to make us look like the bad guy for disagreeing with you, again regardless of whether it's a pro/anti Bionic thread. I can't be the only one who see's a problem with this...

You want to talk fascinating psychology? Look into the mindset of an internet troll, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what you might learn about yourself...

LOL! Nice try, but... FAIL.

You are in a thread that's titled "Does anyone else feel shafted by Motorola". Since you're happy with your Bionic, you should have skipped this thread altogether. There's no reason for you to be even reading this thread if you're happy with your Bionic, because the thread doesn't apply to you.

Yet, you read every single post (probably fuming at each one mentioning how they regret their Bionic purchase).

My point still stands... why do you care if someone else doesn't like the Bionic? Why did you feel it was necessary to "feed the troll" if that's what you think I am?

No, you're out to "right a wrong"... someone insulted your Bionic and you're going to call them out on it. Why? Who knows. Only in the mind of a Zealot is something so ridiculous, so important.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well you're right about one thing, I don't know why I even try...

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
Either they are so busy with something else that the bionic got put on the back burner, or the phone has some serious issues that they can't figure out how to fix, and software isn't doing it. I'm sure they are doing everything they can to save the bionic. Yes its frustrating, but I still love my phone. I hope they figure it out, and if they can't that they get me into a phone that does work!