Does anyone else feel shafted by Moto?

dbord

Reaction score
Had my Bionic for about a month now wouldn't give it up for anything. I spend at least 2-3 hours a day on iHeart Radio and without the extended battery I would be done by mid day. A phone without an extended battery or the ability to change batteries is for sure not in the future for me....

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Agreed that I love my Bionic tremendously and can't wait for the future to see where it goes.

I also wanted to point out that, yeah, the Bionic was "delayed" 8 months, but the Bionic shown back in January was QUITE different from the Bionic in our hands today. It's not like they just kept them locked in a freezer somewhere, they were improving it and making it better to keep up with the times because yes, a new phone is released every 3-6 weeks. Have to learn to accept this or you'll always feel shafted...

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
I've been sticking up for the Bionic since I got it. Every phone has a few bugs here and there. It's normal to have bugs in new software. As far as the phone itself goes it's a great phone. Like the original droid, this phone was built very well. HOWEVER, This phone has a few major problems that I just can't look past anymore.

It's one thing to have a phone with bugs that do things that it wasn't ment to do, It's however a whole different ball game when you purchase a phone to do something and it dosn't do it. The data dropping out is a MAJOR problem and I have no idea who they think they are letting the issue go this long without any resolution. The other major problem is the phone randomly just bricking itself and becomming unresponsive. When you buy a phone to use it, and it is un-useable, that is a problem.

The Bionic is a Failure based on those two problems in and of themselves. Motorola has Failed letting the phone go out on the market like this, and They have failed with fixing the problem. So to answer your question, YES. I feel shafted by motorola because they unloaded their buggy, crappy software on the market because they didn't want to loose money on the phone they had spent so much time on. Honestly if they are unable to fix the software issues they should pull all the phones off the market, and give people new phones. When you buy something that says it will do something, then it dosn't do it, you should be able to get a full refund since you were not provided with the services you were promised. There should be a lemon law with cell phones. I like my phone, I like motorolas, but I just can't believe they let this issue go this long, and it's getting frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I feel like Moto shafted me. Not because they came out with the Razr shortly after... to me, specs-wise, it's close enough to the Bionic in terms of performance, that the rest of the differences are subjective... maybe the FFC being higher res would wow me, maybe not...

But the fact that the Bionic came out with so many MAJOR bugs... if the Razr doesn't have these bugs then I will wish I had waited. But, I'm pretty jaded on Motorola by now. They were all to happy to wrangle my $$ knowing full well there were glaring bugs in the Bionic and they still released it.

That's my sentiment on this thread. :icon_ lala:

Ansa82

Reaction score
I've been sticking up for the Bionic since I got it. Every phone has a few bugs here and there. It's normal to have bugs in new software. As far as the phone itself goes it's a great phone. Like the original droid, this phone was built very well. HOWEVER, This phone has a few major problems that I just can't look past anymore.

It's one thing to have a phone with bugs that do things that it wasn't ment to do, It's however a whole different ball game when you purchase a phone to do something and it dosn't do it. The data dropping out is a MAJOR problem and I have no idea who they think they are letting the issue go this long without any resolution. The other major problem is the phone randomly just bricking itself and becomming unresponsive. When you buy a phone to use it, and it is un-useable, that is a problem.

The Bionic is a Failure based on those two problems in and of themselves. Motorola has Failed letting the phone go out on the market like this, and They have failed with fixing the problem. So to answer your question, YES. I feel shafted by motorola because they unloaded their buggy, crappy software on the market because they didn't want to loose money on the phone they had spent so much time on. Honestly if they are unable to fix the software issues they should pull all the phones off the market, and give people new phones. When you buy something that says it will do something, then it dosn't do it, you should be able to get a full refund since you were not provided with the services you were promised. There should be a lemon law with cell phones. I like my phone, I like motorolas, but I just can't believe they let this issue go this long, and it's getting frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree totally! Last night around 8pm I couldn't download ringtones, couldn't download music or do ANYTHING for a long while. It said I had zero bars 4G...3G wasn't coming up and when I forced it the stuff still wasn't downloading. Even email wouldn't load. So irritating!

billyk

Reaction score
I love my Bionic.

Ridiculously fast, strong/solid data connection, excellent build quality, best call quality I've had, great accessories, and my favorite display of all on the market right now. Best phone I've owned so far.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to regret saying this publicly, but my data connection has been completely solid the last 48 hours... and I'm still running 886.

Only difference is I have a different Bionic now, but maybe a coincidence...

Now give me some wood to knock on!

haupman

Reaction score
Guys 893 makes this a perfect phone.

And for everyone lusting after the RAZR, keep in mind the reviewers have said its battery life is somewhere between worse and even with the Bionic. With no option for a second battery or extended battery, you will be out of look around 4 PM while on 4G unless you are able to charge your phone up. And that means not having easy access to the phone while it is charging.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would never trade a bionic for a razr and ill never buy another motorola phone

And for everyone lusting after the RAZR, keep in mind the reviewers have said its battery life is somewhere between worse and even with the Bionic. With no option for a second battery or extended battery, you will be out of look around 4 PM while on 4G unless you are able to charge your phone up. And that means not having easy access to the phone while it is charging.

I'd kill the razr in 4.5 hours... no thanks.... I can't put a price on going to work w a full battery and not having to charge it w this bionic extended... no standard battery from any phone will get me through a work day w my 4g use

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
No regrets at all. It's a great phone. I wish I could run PE6.5 though, or at least have more flexibility.

One thing, though. If the official OTA doesn't come out before my 90-day window ends at Costco, I'm trading it for the GNex.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming that means you're not happy with the Bionic? ;)

very happy with bionic.. if it came out the same day as the gnex and razr I still would've bought it... very unhappy with motorola... for how they went about releasing phones back to back they lost my business

Tillmorn

Reaction score
I'm extremely happy with my Bionic. In fact, I don't see the Razr as anything special. Now, if Moto had pulled something really special out of their hat right after my return window ran out on the Bionic, perhaps I'd be disgruntled. But the Razr is not such a device. Maybe if the Razr was already running ICS and the Bionic wasn't getting it for another 3 months. That would rub me the wrong way.

It's thin? So what, when the Bionic was released it was the thinnest 4G phone Verizon offered. Super AMOLED screen!!!! That does not look so hot. Clock speed bump?! Meh, won't show any difference in performance. Non-removable battery = No way I'd ever own it.

geoffwhite18

Reaction score
Well I wish I could say that but unfortunately every time I try and check for updates I get:
"Checking for available update. Please wait..."
or
"Update not unavailable at this time"
Not even motorolas update system works properly. I let it sit on checking for update for 8 hours one day and never got anything. I honestly hope the update fixes the phone.

Stil feel shafted...........

haupman

Reaction score
Well I wish I could say that but unfortunately every time I try and check for updates I get:
"Checking for available update. Please wait..."
or
"Update not unavailable at this time"
Not even motorolas update system works properly. I let it sit on checking for update for 8 hours one day and never got anything. I honestly hope the update fixes the phone.

Stil feel shafted...........

The update isn't official and it can be installed on non-rooted phones. There have been plenty of threads on how to do it, it is quick and easy.