Does anyone else feel shafted by Moto?

rjd

Reaction score
I got the droid about a week after it came out. I love the phone, its fast, sexy and very light and thin. Honestly though, I feel like as soon as my 14 day return period ran out, the Razr was announced. I honestly feel as though I got shafted. I payed 300 for a phone, and less than 3 weeks later, a better model from the same manufacturer is announced? That's kinda low moto.

Anyway, I know theres not much I can do about it beyond buying the razr outright. Just wanted to see if anyone shared my frustration.

Heywood

Reaction score
Not in any way, very happy with all of my Moto devices. I also like technology moving forward and I do not fell "shafted" as you so eloquently stated

Last edited:
OP
R

rjd

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, I'm very happy with my Bionic, as I was with my i90, razr v3, v3xx, droid1, droid2, and droid x. There where a few others back in the day, cant remember the models. But I actually still have all the phones listed. Always been a fan of moto. All im saying is I really would have waited for the razr had I known.

jayman350

Reaction score
The Bionic was "supposed" to come out for like 6-8 months. There was so much speculation and hype behind this phone and it was constantly being delayed. I am not surprised in the least that a new phone was released shortly after the Bionic was. It is how the world of technology goes, something newer/faster/better is always around the corner. The case with this was that the device was pushed out so far, that the next corner was very close.

If this had come out when it was originally supposed to, we would have had the "best" moto phone for a little longer. The problem is that the Bionic seems like it was still rushed into production, as is evident with all of the bugs that are occurring w/ the Bionic's data issues, headphone whine, etc. Moto had to release it before the RAZR because they had so much time and money invested in it.

I like the Bionic, it is a very solid phone. And I don't think the RAZR is that much better of a phone (if at all). Sure the screen may be a little nicer, but not having a removable battery is a complete dealbreaker for me. I would not have bought the RAZR for that reason alone. I am more upset about Moto keeping the bootloader locked and encrypted than I am about them releasing a newer phone so soon.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
How much of an improvement is the razr over the Bionic?

Build quality, dimensions, Super AMOLED, and a better FFC that can shoot 720p.

That's it. The RAM, screen size, resolution, rear camera, and CPU are the same.

Sure the CPU frequency is 1.2, but it's the same 4430 the Bionic has. It's just overclocked by 200mhz. Hardly anything to be envious over.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Anyway, I know theres not much I can do about it beyond buying the razr outright. Just wanted to see if anyone shared my frustration.

I felt the same way. After I got may D1 in April, the D2 & DX show up. I wasnt gonna go out and buy a new phone just because it was better. There will always be something better on the horizon.

Al Neri

Reaction score
I got my Bionic on release day and even if I was just upgrading today I would take it over the Razr. The battery is a much bigger issue on 4G than on 3g. So I do not feel shafted even a little.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I finally played with the Razr today, and while I can get your frustration, I don't see it as much of an upgrade, if at all. It's too skinny for me, and just a hair too wide. And while the screen colors look more "true", it didn't look quite as crisp as the Bionic, or as bright. I played with them side by side for about 15 minutes and felt like, besides those few differences, I was using the same phone.

tcayton49

Reaction score
NOOOOOO!!!! Please God No! I thought we were done with this subject after the first 18 threads. Why do we have to have another one? :frown:

Fonzz

Reaction score
I use my Bionic with the paid Hotspot option. Doing so drains the battery VERY fast, especially when I'm uploading and downloading like crazy. I have to keep the phone plugged into my charger; usually this will SLOWLY increase the charge and other times when my up and down speeds are quite high, I've actually seen my battery level go DOWN while on the charger the whole time. This is when I'm also using bluetooth, live wallpapers, phone calls together with the hotspot.
I got the extra battery and battery only charger from Costco and also the extended battery which I never use but couldn't resist the half price deal Verizon had on it.
I cannot begin to imagine having a phone with no battery access and I'll NEVER, EVER, buy one that doesn't allow me to change batteries!!
Previously, I had thought that the iPhone was the only smartphone with NO battery access, Wow...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

jbbeaird

Reaction score
Just REMEMBER ...

Cell phones are sorta like where WINDOWS and computers themselves were in early days of 1993...94...95.. etc. Regardless of what you just bought... another would come out faster motherboard...with a bigger hard drive etc.

So... whatever you buy today as newest and greatest, in a couple months a newer... greater one will come out.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums