Does anyone else dislike light phones?

kookk

Reaction score
I have a droid x2 and I really like it. It's a big improvement from my D1 and any problems I had software wise were fixed by supercharger.

My main problem that isn't the locked bootloader or pentile screen has got to be the feel of the phone. Actually it's my problem with a lot of phones. I dislike how light it is, I dislike how light my D1 was and I dislike how the business seems to trying to go towards lighter.

I got to mess around with a TB the other day and I fell in love with how it felt. It was heavy, and the curves felt great. I actually bought a case for my X2 just because I needed it to be bigger and heavier.

I'm also turned off to phones like the GS2, that look fantastic in every department, because of how thin and light it will be.

I have an upgrade in feburary and plan to hold on to it until I find a phone that both is built like a thunderbolt and has some power to it. With the way people are wanting light phones, I'll probably be sitting on that upgrade for a while.

patfactorx

Reaction score
I dislike plasticky phones. Especially cuz they ding easily

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Detonation

Reaction score
I'm fine with thin and light phones as long as they don't feel cheap. But usually to not feel cheap the phone needs to be built of out aluminum (vs plastic) so they aren't that light. The Incredible was a great phone but it felt like a toy being entirely plastic. I'm glad HTC is now making their phones out of the aluminum uni bodies.

The X2 (and X) are still very solid phones, they just don't carry the weight of the keyboard like the D1 did.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The D1 is quite heavy compared to some of today's phones. My Incredible is extremely light compared to the D1 I used to own and my friend who just picked up that new 4.5" (?) Samsung phone is incredibly light compared to a D1 too.

At first my Inc was so light I forgot it was in my pocket a couple times, but you get used to the weight of the phone. Yes it's a bit "plastic-y" but I actually don't mind it at all. It takes a beating well and doesn't show either. If it's lighter and as durable as aluminum phones, I'll take it.