Does anybody walk around without a case?

Hiroller173

Reaction score
I have a case I don't use... Because I'm using my D1 as my GPS, it won't fit in the Motorola/VZ car mount with a case on it. I don't have a screen protector either. One tiny scratch that doesn't bother me at all. That glass is tough, and I like the sensitivity, feel and clarity you get without a layer of plastic on top of it.

ValkF6

Reaction score
I've never had a case, my wife has one on hers. I got the OS update, she hasn't yet. I think the case is blocking hers.

gmmurphy

Reaction score
The only case the verizon store had for Droid 2 was the body glove, which I hate because it overlaps with the top row of the keyboard, making typing difficult (that keyboard is the reason I bought the phone) and it adds far, far too much bulk.

In lieu of buying another case, spending more money and finding out I hate it too, would I be insane if I just walked around without one? Does anyone else do that?

In theory, the phone was designed to be used caseless, right?

i have never used a case or belt holder. always in my top pocket.

DocWalt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Naked since Dec 25. One little tiny scratch on the screen after dropping it facedown on concrete. I generally take care of my electronics though, so it never leaves my pocket, unless I'm using it.

Edi

Reaction score
No case on mine, but I do have a couple of scratches on the case when I accidentally dropped it on concrete while watching the Perseid meteor shower last week. :redface:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried a case from Verizon but I couldn't get the darn thing to stretch around my Droid properly. I sent it back to them. Doing fine without one.

wernst

Reaction score
No case. No screen protector. Since Day 1. Other than a little wear from the contact points of the Seidio holster, the thing looks like new.

Besides, a phone is a tool, not a museum piece. Don't sweat it.

-Warr

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
In theory, the phone was designed to be used caseless, right?
How you use it is up to you. I don't use a case. I do have a screen protector and I use a holster during the week but that's it.

cpjr

Reaction score
I really never use a case on any phone I have, and **knocks on wood** I am just anal enough about my stuff that I have never scratched one either.

fastpat

Reaction score
I attempted to carry my previous phone around in my pocket without a case, killed the outer display on two of the three units I had (the phone died that often).

When I received my Droid last March, I looked for a case that would prevent that sort of thing since it didn't have the flip lid to protect the main display.

I found this case, designed for a Blackberry, and it's done exactly what I wanted over four months.
Hardcase01-vi.png

It's made by Nite Ize. Yes, you must open the top flap, which seals with velcro, but that's quick, about 3/4 inch of the Droid is exposed then, making for quick extraction for answering. The case sits with the Droid horizontally, which lines it up with your belt.

I bought it at Bass Pro Shop in Atlanta, it's available online as well.

Reaction score
I plan on doing a Skinit.com custom skin with a invisibleSHIELD on my DX. Not too bulky and should be custom and all scratch protected!

olbab

Reaction score
CHEAP holsters are out there

Tried a case (hard) -clunky, interfered.
Tried a screen film. Couldn't get the bubbles out, and then I read how tough that gorilla glass is.

Found a neat holster(?), hangs on my belt, has velcro closure. Black and red.
AND, cost me One Dollar. (At one of the several "dollar" stores, don't remember which).

Holster is just a tad shorter than optimum but works very well.
After 3 or 4 months I had to replace the "hook" part of the velcro -it actually wore out. The velcro cost me several dollars but I'm still ahead.

Ol' Bab

badfish

Reaction score
I have an Otterbox but don't use it all the time. I'll throw it on if I'm going out to the bars, working on cars, or hiking.