Does anybody walk around without a case?

Arsidias

Reaction score
The only case the verizon store had for Droid 2 was the body glove, which I hate because it overlaps with the top row of the keyboard, making typing difficult (that keyboard is the reason I bought the phone) and it adds far, far too much bulk.

In lieu of buying another case, spending more money and finding out I hate it too, would I be insane if I just walked around without one? Does anyone else do that?

In theory, the phone was designed to be used caseless, right?

bucknutz

Reaction score
I don't have one on my DX, but thats mainly because i've been waiting on otterbox to release theirs. Might pick one up then if they aren't too bulky.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
No case. My droid 1 is tough.

Got a droid X and I do have a case on it. It almost seems like it's not there. I think the physical keyboard mechanism of the Droid 1 & 2 makes it hard to design a case that isn't bulky.

Last edited:

antron007

Reaction score
Got my Droid 1 back in April. No case just a screen protector. It gets buggy when it gets too hot but I'm pretty sure that's because the touch screen is heat sensitive. Other than that its rock solid. Dropped it about 6 times now. Once good and just some scratches on the paint On the corners. My droids pretty tough.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

icebluemale30

Reaction score
I had my droid about a year now and no case never dropped it and no scratches just have a screen protector my droid is the best! !!!!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

lockdownx1x

Reaction score
I've had the D1 since December. No Case, No Screen Protector.

Probable dropped the phone like 5+ times. No visible damage, no screen scratches. Nothing. I've never used a case. I always find them to be pointless.

sundrop

Reaction score
naked D1 since release. I do own the Innocase but, I own the OEM cradle and dock and therefore got tired of removing the case so it got retired pretty damn quick

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got a Seidio case for my Droid at a discount when I got an extended battery (not from Seidio, it was a private sale). It was designed for the extended battery, even to the point of replacing the battery cover.

It was naked before then (got the Droid 11/6/09) and I had no problems. Unlike sundrop's problem, I have the Seidio multimedia dock which is designed to have both the extended battery and case.

a73

Reaction score
Try a sena slim leather case. very thin, and adds almost no bulk

lakerzz10

Reaction score
I have a Seidio case on my Droid, and love it...doesn't cover the top rows of the keyboard like most others do. (And I've tried a few) Absolutely the best case out there. Don't remember the price, but it was more than most others, but way worth it. Its black w/ that matte feel.

Moondonkey

Reaction score
Neked since the day it was born(release).. no scratches, dropped it a few times. only real sign of wear is a little paint off the camera button.