Does anybody know...........

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by Jocojr, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Jocojr

Jocojr New Member

Hey guys, I was curious if the new Droid 3 exploit for rooting also applies for any device running Gingerbread and 2.3 or higher. The reason I ask is I recently got the Vizio Tablet for my daughter and there a some issues that I would like to resolve by rooting. There was an exploit found before an update and unfortantely mine has the update so I am stuck at the moment. Someone posed this question in another forum and I was hoping if any of you smart people:) have any idea if this would work.......?

Thanks
  2. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

I don't have the answer for you. However, I suggest having the SBF file for your device around before doing anything. In case things go wrong, the SBF can bring you back to stock and you can try whatever you want again, as opposed to being bricked. Just a piece of opinion .....
  3. Jocojr

Jocojr New Member

Yeah, I thought about that. I guess I am hoping that someone may know for sure:) about a possible solution before I try anything. I'm not a trailblazer in this sense and have relied on the good folks here in the forum for their expertise. Thanks for the feedback!
  4. KZ_259

KZ_259 New Member

SBF file?
  5. GreenSnow

GreenSnow New Member

Its a file, .sbf, that is your devices' stock OS, always good to have on hand incase something goes wrong you can flash back to it

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums