Does anybody know if the Prime will be available at Costco like the Bionic was?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by brunla, Oct 22, 2011.

1. brunla

brunla New Member

I bought my Bionic at Costco and you have 90 days to return. If the Prime shows up there, I may switch.
  2. ice456789

ice456789 New Member

My friend is in the same boat, except that he bought the Bionic knowing that he would switch. Why would anyone who bought any phone at Costco not switch it out after 80 days for something newer/better?
  3. brunla

brunla New Member

I believe that if you return it, you have to purchase another phone that COSTCO offers. Verizon has 14 days on their return policy for your two-year contract. That means if you return the phone at Costco and go somewhere else to buy a new one, you will have to pay full retail on the new phone. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  4. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    I actually researched a lot abut this topic, and started a thread about it when the bionic came out. I've talked to several employees at our Costco wireless and they all say the same thing. You can do a swap for a new phone and you either pay the difference or they reimburse you the difference. As long as you don't "return" it you can exchange for another phone. Its written on giant letters on a sign at the kiosk. :)

So, If you return then you do lose your upgrade and would have to by full retail ...

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!
  5. kath00

kath00 New Member

Some Costcos (like the 3 in my area) are telling people that you can only return for the SAME phone if you have troubles with the current phone. When I took my Bionic back, I asked about this again and the manager of the kiosk told me the policy is to swap for an identical phone brand. Luckily I was on day 12, so I just returned the Bionic and reactivated my trusty old Droid X. I am thinking I am just going to preorder the GN at Verizon because within 14d you pretty much know if you like the phone or not. And usually the bugs surface quickly, as they did with my Bionic. Katherine
  6. jerroedr

jerroedr New Member

yea, thats one thing... maybe wait a week or two after release for some bug fixes, that way you have a smoother run at it. Didnt costco offer like a lot of stuff with the bionic? I may be getting my prime there...
  7. alboboy10

alboboy10 New Member

How does costco give 90 days..doesn't Verizon let u try a phone only for two weeks
  8. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

Costco let's you return the phone for a full refund within 14 days and swap it out for a different one within 90 days.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  9. Arkbird

Hmm Now I wonder myself if I should trade in my Bionic for the GS. I bought mine on release day from Costco so I've got until December 7th I believe to exchange it.
  10. alboboy10

alboboy10 New Member

Get the nexus.

I wish google would hire me.
  11. lanza_david

lanza_david New Member

I got my bionic at costco online, and I checked the other day and they do not have any of the Nexus S in their lineup. I am fearing that could mean they won't carry the Galaxy Nexus. My speculation.

I am having some issues with my Bionic. If the update does not fix it, I will exchange. I might swap it for another Bionic though. The fixed battery on the razr and the absence of an SD slot in the Nexus are cons that I am not sure if I can live with.

12. mrmark27

mrmark27 New Member

The verizon site doesn't list the Nexus either yet, thats probably why Costco doesnt have it listed. They probably cant list it until VZW lists it
  13. lanza_david

lanza_david New Member

Well yeah... I know that... I was saying that Costco seems that they do not carry the other Nexus, like S or 4G... how knows, maybe they did sell it and are out of stock? they do not list the items that are out of stock...

So if they never carried the Nexus phones, will they carry the Galaxy Nexus? It is just a conjecture and speculation on my part... just conversation....
  14. Arkbird

They probably will. It seemsike every major carrier around the world is and costco sells phones for the major wireless carriers for the us. I would be really surprised if they didn't get this phone.

15. jleeusa

jleeusa New Member

Get your facts. I bought Bionic on day one and the sales associate told me 30 days to return and 90 to exchange. I returned it on the 13th day and asked about the 30/90, the SAME ass(ociate) said something completely different. I don't remember exactly and to be honest I don't want to forward bad info. Bottom line MAKE SURE, they all interpret policies differently and in the end you/we as customers will lose.
  16. Liderc

Liderc New Member

Yeah, I think all the return policies are different at Costco's because they're attempting to work within cell service providers rules as well as their own.
  17. maserati86

maserati86 New Member

This is what I have gathered from my research. Those who work at the Wireless Advocates kiosks either are not getting clear information or are just kind of doing their own thing and ignoring Costco's corporate policy. So theoretically, you should have the right to exchange to different phones at ANY Wireless Advocates kiosk since they are all under the same Costco return/exchange policy. But being able to actually get the exchange processed may require getting the manager at your Costco and/or calling up Wireless Advocates' corporate office.

There is also this from Costco's online sales Mobile Phones with Free Shipping and Activation - Mobile Phone Plans from AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless:

It is open to interpretation, but the phrasing of "If I do not like my phone", IMO implies that you can exchange it for any phone you want.
  18. ZimmTheSeries

ZimmTheSeries New Member

There are two things that some people make confusing. Mixing up Verizon policy with Costco's policy is the problem.

1.) There is a 14 day return policy for the SERVICE, not that phone. If you return the phone after the 14 days and cancel service, you could be on the hook for the early cancellation fee.
    2.) There is a 90 day return policy for ANY phone you buy at Costco. You can take back your Bionic and get the RAZR or Galaxy Nexus. Being that all of us got our Bionics on or after September 8, 2011, if you bought your phone at Costco, we are all eligible to take return our phones until December 8, 2011.

Costco is a wholesale store. They DO NOT sale their phones at retails prices. Try to buy a phone there for full retail price and see what they tell you.
Search tags for this page

if i bought something at costco can i return it somewhere el