Does anybody know if the Prime will be available at Costco like the Bionic was?

brunla

Reaction score
I bought my Bionic at Costco and you have 90 days to return. If the Prime shows up there, I may switch.

ice456789

Reaction score
My friend is in the same boat, except that he bought the Bionic knowing that he would switch. Why would anyone who bought any phone at Costco not switch it out after 80 days for something newer/better?

OP
B

brunla

Reaction score
I believe that if you return it, you have to purchase another phone that COSTCO offers. Verizon has 14 days on their return policy for your two-year contract. That means if you return the phone at Costco and go somewhere else to buy a new one, you will have to pay full retail on the new phone. Correct me if I'm wrong.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I believe that if you return it, you have to purchase another phone that COSTCO offers. Verizon has 14 days on their return policy for your two-year contract. That means if you return the phone at Costco and go somewhere else to buy a new one, you will have to pay full retail on the new phone. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I actually researched a lot abut this topic, and started a thread about it when the bionic came out. I've talked to several employees at our Costco wireless and they all say the same thing. You can do a swap for a new phone and you either pay the difference or they reimburse you the difference. As long as you don't "return" it you can exchange for another phone. Its written on giant letters on a sign at the kiosk. :)

So, If you return then you do lose your upgrade and would have to by full retail ...

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

kath00

Reaction score
Some Costcos (like the 3 in my area) are telling people that you can only return for the SAME phone if you have troubles with the current phone. When I took my Bionic back, I asked about this again and the manager of the kiosk told me the policy is to swap for an identical phone brand. Luckily I was on day 12, so I just returned the Bionic and reactivated my trusty old Droid X. I am thinking I am just going to preorder the GN at Verizon because within 14d you pretty much know if you like the phone or not. And usually the bugs surface quickly, as they did with my Bionic. Katherine

jerroedr

Reaction score
yea, thats one thing... maybe wait a week or two after release for some bug fixes, that way you have a smoother run at it. Didnt costco offer like a lot of stuff with the bionic? I may be getting my prime there...

alboboy10

Reaction score
How does costco give 90 days..doesn't Verizon let u try a phone only for two weeks

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm Now I wonder myself if I should trade in my Bionic for the GS. I bought mine on release day from Costco so I've got until December 7th I believe to exchange it.

lanza_david

Reaction score
I got my bionic at costco online, and I checked the other day and they do not have any of the Nexus S in their lineup. I am fearing that could mean they won't carry the Galaxy Nexus. My speculation.

I am having some issues with my Bionic. If the update does not fix it, I will exchange. I might swap it for another Bionic though. The fixed battery on the razr and the absence of an SD slot in the Nexus are cons that I am not sure if I can live with.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mrmark27

Reaction score
I got my bionic at costco online, and I checked the other day and they do not have any of the Nexus S in their lineup. I am fearing that could mean they won't carry the Galaxy Nexus. My speculation.

I am having some issues with my Bionic. If the update does not fix it, I will exchange. I might swap it for another Bionic though. The fixed battery on the razr and the absence of an SD slot in the Nexus are cons that I am not sure if I can live with.

The verizon site doesn't list the Nexus either yet, thats probably why Costco doesnt have it listed. They probably cant list it until VZW lists it

lanza_david

Reaction score
The verizon site doesn't list the Nexus either yet, thats probably why Costco doesnt have it listed. They probably cant list it until VZW lists it

Well yeah... I know that... I was saying that Costco seems that they do not carry the other Nexus, like S or 4G... how knows, maybe they did sell it and are out of stock? they do not list the items that are out of stock...

So if they never carried the Nexus phones, will they carry the Galaxy Nexus? It is just a conjecture and speculation on my part... just conversation....

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
They probably will. It seemsike every major carrier around the world is and costco sells phones for the major wireless carriers for the us. I would be really surprised if they didn't get this phone.

jleeusa

Reaction score
Get your facts. I bought Bionic on day one and the sales associate told me 30 days to return and 90 to exchange. I returned it on the 13th day and asked about the 30/90, the SAME ass(ociate) said something completely different. I don't remember exactly and to be honest I don't want to forward bad info. Bottom line MAKE SURE, they all interpret policies differently and in the end you/we as customers will lose.