Does anybody actually like their Droid X?

rcjames

Reaction score
I'm also currently using the POS BB Storm. Will be able to upgrade on November 17, and I'm seriously looking at the Droid X. Enjoyed reading this thread, but I have a couple of questions...probably stupid questions.

1. What is meant by "root" or "rooting"?
2. What is ROM?

Root is special permission to get full access to you're phone almost like running on administrator on windows. rom is a modified operating system with tweaks. They modifed their own rom they sometime include app, they remove blur if they want it just a modifed os. I believe this rom removes blur basically motorola software but not all and over clocks the cpu and so on. Depend on the developer that create the rom. Usually they get to how they want it and then share it to people for free.

When you root you're phone you can also get free service like free tethering and could install app that needs to run in super user.

Thanks. So, it's nothing that must be done, correct? The Droid X will work well without having to go through this?

Nah you don't need to modified the phone. If it work as is then good. If you like tweaking computers and phones then cool theres rom to download and many things. But you don't need to root and download rom to get most out of it. Alot of app in market to full fill you're phone to you're liking. Codec is a problem on this phone but you can find app to run those special format that the phone doesn't support stock.

Papa Mike

Reaction score
I have used iPhone, Sprint's EVO, Droid and I currently have the Droid X and like an earlier person said just the minority come here and post their problems while myself and million of others wouldn't own anything else. None of the 'smartphones are perfect, but so far my Droid X is the closest thing to it....

Last edited:

rcjames

Reaction score
I have used iPhone, Sprint's EVO, Droid and I currently have the Droid X and like an earlier person said just the minority come here and post their problems while myself and million of others wouldn't own anything else. None of the 'smartphones are perfect, but so far my Droid X is the closest thing to it....

Yea well I think it's smart not to get the droid x now since new phones is coming out before christmas. But I got my phone perfect timing on August now I can upgrade in next August for something so bad ass. But I don't regret my droid x. :icon_ banana:

dyrelogan

Reaction score
I love my Droid X, and even though nothing is ever perfect, and people will still have pet peeves about certain features and whatnot, the Droid X is probably one of the best phones out there. The iPhone is nice (I have the iPod Touch 3rd Gen), but Android is the better OS IMHO. Plus I am thinking about rooting, but want to do it right and want to wait until after Gingerbread.

morcguy

Reaction score
Yet another recent Blackberry convert. Had my X for a week. Would never go back. Don't fear the size, you will grow to appreciate it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rcjames

Reaction score
Yet another recent Blackberry convert. Had my X for a week. Would never go back. Don't fear the size, you will grow to appreciate it.

I never had a smart phone but when i got the droid x it look so small.
I need to actually stick it up my ass i meant face to see it good while
surfing the internet. LOL

UNC

Reaction score
While I do admit to realy liking my X, it might behoove you to wait for the possible Incredible HD, which will only be different from the X in .3" of screen size, and id you really want to get into ROMS and other customization, it will probably not be locked down liked the X is (only complaint about the X really). I do like what the DX can do though, even with ROMS being based on Moto kernal it still is a blazing quick phone. If none of that matters to you in the slightest then you should jump all over the DX

Edit: No it doesn't HAVE to be done. You will find that most of us on the forums would recommend it though

Inc HD will DEFINITELY be locked down... you know like the last HTC phone to drop, the G2... they wouldn't lock it down and then not lock down newer devices.... cmon man.

All the phones will be locked down from now on, rooting allows you to remove features that the providers want you to have, and it unlocks features that are meant to be blocked to prevent network over-use (think illegal wireless tether).

FormerlyStorm

Reaction score
Been using Blackberry for years including the Storm. I can't imagine ever going back. I really enjoy my DroidX and I'm not even rooted

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3V
I have never really had any huge problem with my X and I have had it for over a month now (minus bricking it once, but that's my bad). The camera at first was a little iffy, until I got used to it. I traded my Fascinate for the X and am glad I switched.

Mamaperk

Reaction score
I love mine!!!!
Love the larger screen ...
Works very well ...
Camera could be better but I am very satisfied with my DX.

Sent from my DROIDX

lpd31

Reaction score
I recently switched from the BB Storm 2 to the Droid X and it was def a good mood. RIM does not have anything that even compares to what Android software and platforms can do! I would def make the switch

droider4life

Reaction score
I went from the droid 1 to the X. I will.never get anything BUT android. Love it here!!

KLBailey

Reaction score
I switched from blackberry world. I love my X. I have very little hands and that's not a problem with typing. Love swyping and voice to text. Problems have only been with the users learning curve which was just a day or so.

SlvrEvoIX

Reaction score
If it weren't for all the bugs in the 2 dx's i had i would have loved it haha. I did love the keyboard though that's why im using a ported version on my fascinate.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

hyperlite

Reaction score
I was kind of hoping for a biased opinion:) I really want the X but, like I said, there's a lot of negative posts about it right here on its own forums. Is it just a case of people only posting when something goes wrong or does everybody have the same problems?

Thats how the internet works, bud. Most X owners don't come onto a forum to spout about how much they love their phone, they come on here to sort out issues. There are a couple thousand X owners here and other forums who may have complaints, and tens of thousands of others who have probably never had a problem.

I absolutely love my X and the Android platform as a whole. If you saw any of the marketshare figures that were posted this week...Android shows a ~1300% sales volume increase in the last year. I see no indication of it slowing down. Get on and ride.

Last edited: