Does anybody actually like their Droid X?

chefb

Reaction score
dancedroidI have a x and I love it but if I was looking to buy a droid now it would probably be one of the droid x like phones coming out . They have some sexy !! New phones with features like the x but newer. CHECK those out....you can be newer and fresher. Bdancedroidy the way X is old now they are not even advertising them any more.

Last edited:

kalanw

Reaction score
Switched from BB Curve end of September, loving my X. dancedroid

rcjames

Reaction score
There is always a solution with anything. Like if theres a rom I try and i don't like it i simply use another rom always a option to go back to original. Same goes to theme's. There is always solution and sometimes fix's. There is always a codec of someone in needs. I'm happy with android and simply because their opensource and many plugins and alot of apps. What else do we need? My droid x is everything that one will need. It's my mini personal computer of the size of a palm. I could even add a keyboard and hook up to my damn tv.

Take a droid x to a friend house hook up to their 50 inch hd screen with micro hdmi and blam watch a high quality movies streaming from the droid x. I do need more space LOL. But that will give everyone a boner!!!

rcjames

Reaction score
dancedroidI have a x and I love it but if I was looking to buy a droid now it would probably be one of the droid x like phones coming out . They have some sexy !! New phones with features like the x but newer. CHECK those out....you can be newer and fresher. Bdancedroidy the way X is old now they are not even advertising them any more.

Droid x might be old a bit but it still the best verizon phone and better phone any that is availble until one comes out with a better phone then droid x.
Another thing verizon already making money off droid x, so they need to promote their droid 2 and pro and other phones so they can make more money and not have so much of phones in stock they need to sell every single one.

draco86

Reaction score
I like my droid x even though it gets stuck on stupid alot

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DynoPlast

Reaction score
Yeah. The music does not suddenly stop cuz I cut my motor off and I now know how fast I'm actually going after buying that cheap set of used tires that were not exact replacements size-wise.

I've discovered hundreds of new songs I am fond of and that I am a natural for video vlogging. :)

I can now READ my freakin voice mail instead of bother a friend to listen in and translate for me.

Oh, and have seen out bright those LEDs are?

I lub my phone...................................never a boring moment.

mas90guru

Reaction score
I had a Droid (bad audio quality of incoming callers), Evo 4g (you are charged an extra $10 month for high speed that I found unreliable) and a Droid Incredible.

Of them I think Droid X has been most reliable and I like the bigger screen size.

Also when evaluating be sure to ask where people moved from. Someone moving from a Razr has a much different perspective than a Blackberry or another Android.

themuttt

Reaction score
My wife went from the Storm 1 to the Tour to the Droid 1 (my old one) and I have asked her several times in the last 2 months whether she would go back to the BB and she says "not on your life", Android is leaps and bounds ahead of BB. She is not very tech savvy and made the switch rather easily so I wouldn't worry about th4e learning curve. I just went from the Droid 1 to the DX and the jump between those 2 phone is astonishing as well, but be warned, the smaller screens of the D1 and D2 will look minute after you get used to the DX. I hate using the wife's D1, the screen just is too small now.

Also as far as the forum and all of the complaints, that is what a forum like this is for, you have a problem, post it up, and someone will either tell you to search, post up that they are having the same problem, proclaim their custom ROM has no such issues, or give you an answer to fix it or at least a workaround until it can be fixed for real. That is what makes for a good forum, that is much better than 100 threads of how wonderful the phone is, while ignoring any issues that may happen.

now to answer your question, do I like my X? No, I love it and I loved my D1 as well and would have been perfectly happy staying with that phone had the wife not wanted my D1 and I seeing the value in me having the "better" phone. I liked my BB Curve (work phone that lays on my desk now) and hated my Samsung Omnia, other than the battery life and camera.

Hope that helps

peaced01

Reaction score
I looooovvve my DroidX so much I would MARRY it, if NYS would let me!!!! .........and if my husband wouldn't kill me! (he's already jealous that I spend every waking hour playing with it)

PeakyBoo

Reaction score
I am new to the smart phone family and I ll never go back I just luv that Droid

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DavesPPC

Reaction score
Went from raze to bb pearl to bb curve...and finally the droid x....took some getting used too due to the size, but I could never go back go such small phones and most importantly...screen size! Never an issue with my X although only had it about two months now.

R

RETG

I'm going to be switching from my BB Storm at the end of the week. I wanted to get a Droid X. I came here to read up on it but, it seems everything I read is about the problems it has. Should I skip the Android line all together?

I have two Tours. One is personal and will be replaced in Dec with a Droid; most likely a X.

If you go to the BB forums, it would appear that every BB Tour was a POS, had to be replaced numerous times, and was not worth being used as a target at a rifle range.

Well, both of my Tours have been great from a hardware point of view. Never a problem with the trackballs, never a problem with the screen. Only problems I have with the BBs are the processors are comparative to a Commodore 64. So, for my personal device, I need good phone reception and some speed to do other things. BB fails on the second part of speed, but does have great reception.

For all those negatives you read on this forum, remember that forums are noted for people coming here with problems. There are thousands of Droid X owners who have never come here, because they have never had a problem.

So, when viewing a forum, make sure to take into account, only a small minority of device owners come here to complain, while a number come here to help, and more come here to read up on the different devices.

Could you get a bad device? Sure, but I would bet your chances of getting a good, trouble free device are a thousand times better.

zgruven

Reaction score
I moved from the Blackbery Curve to the HTC Incredible back in April and FINALLY moved to the Droid X two days ago and let me tell you this phone is the best (IMO) out there right now. I love this phone. The size is perfect and really easy to type and love having agood version of Swype.

paulmac

Reaction score
Had blackberrys for years, thought they were they best. Jumped to Android when the original droid came out. Never looked back. Now using the droid X. Would not ever consider a blackberry again.

kendubya

Reaction score
I'm going to be switching from my BB Storm at the end of the week. I wanted to get a Droid X. I came here to read up on it but, it seems everything I read is about the problems it has. Should I skip the Android line all together?

My experience with the DX is the best I've ever had with any device I've used. Even solving any issues is a pleasure compared to the agonies I went through with winmo. Even my non-wife (a geek in training), with no experience using any type of smartphone and the world's foremost authority on pc ignorance and abuse said, after having her DX for a month, "you know, I like this phone." After which I admonished her saying, "It is not a phone! It's a handheld computer that makes phone calls."

Do it. Bare with the easy learning curve and you should be pleased.