Does anybody actually like their Droid X?

alboboy10

Reaction score
I'm going to be switching from my BB Storm at the end of the week. I wanted to get a Droid X. I came here to read up on it but, it seems everything I read is about the problems it has. Should I skip the Android line all together?

I had the storm. If I had to compare the two I would say, the storm is like living in antartica...and the droid, new york. (Some complaints here and there but u grow to love it, and even though u want to leave it sometimes...u don't really mean it)

No phone is perfect. But the storm sucks. So does blackberry. Iphone is actually way nicer than bb.

cccmhhh

Reaction score
x

at first the X seems huge. After a few months the X-tra large screen is its best selling point for me. All of the other phones are sometimes tough to read and this thing is great. Growing pains are slight, apps are plenty and the web reall works compared to the POS Storm. Get one. I wouldnt give my old Storm to someone I hated. That thing Su(ked.

OnoSendi

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with a Droid bro. Their open source opens endless possibilities to customization, and everything. Do it. :)

Hobn

Reaction score
I love mine, but then again it is my first phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rcjames

Reaction score
I'm going to be switching from my BB Storm at the end of the week. I wanted to get a Droid X. I came here to read up on it but, it seems everything I read is about the problems it has. Should I skip the Android line all together?

I love my droid x, i done alot of things to my phone. It's very great i love android os its the best os you can have on a phone. My droid x is so awesome i can find all the programs one computer freak would love. I can find anything i want for media playback. Droid x is my mini computer size of a palm. dancedroid

rcjames

Reaction score

You will adapt to the android os pretty quickly. I get use to on things when it comes to technology. Droid x was my first smartphone ever and I did had few cell phones in my life some cricket phone, some att phones. I did a good move, and I fly model airplanes and droid x help me to search for the pdf manual for it because airplanes have to be balanced (central gravity) so my droid x was useful I also fly rc helicopter and built'em. The computer radio that i paid almost close to the price of the droid x is more harder to program then it is on a droid x. You will have the best time with you're droid x. Take our word for it.

I hate apple so much that I did this. Oh my phone is fully hacked and tweaked out and boot screen well check out the video.
[video=youtube;V6gJvoESMhY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6gJvoESMhY]YouTube - Linux based Droid X boot animation with self destruct rotten apple SWEEET[/video]

Byronn

Reaction score
Up until about a week ago, I had the Storm 1. I was on Team Blackberry, doubting and discounting all other operating systems. I am proud to say that I've made the switch over to Team Droid. The Droid X is absolutely amazing, from performance to functionability. Two things the Storm failed on miserably.

You're gonna love it.

rcjames

Reaction score

You will adapt to the android os pretty quickly. I get use to on things when it comes to technology. Droid x was my first smartphone ever and I did had few cell phones in my life some cricket phone, some att phones. I did a good move, and I fly model airplanes and droid x help me to search for the pdf manual for it because airplanes have to be balanced (central gravity) so my droid x was useful I also fly rc helicopter and built'em. The computer radio that i paid almost close to the price of the droid x is more harder to program then it is on a droid x. You will have the best time with you're droid x. Take our word for it.

I hate apple so much that I did this. Oh my phone is fully hacked and tweaked out and boot screen well check out the video.
[video=youtube;V6gJvoESMhY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6gJvoESMhY]YouTube - Linux based Droid X boot animation with self destruct rotten apple SWEEET[/video]

And didn't show shi t in that video i just need someone to hold my camera LOL my phone can do much more then it seem hopefully i'll get a camera stand holding both things sucks.

misteruplink

Reaction score
The Droid X does almost everything except wash dishes, you wont regret getting yours. Just read the forums and you will learn everything very fast.

kk4df

Reaction score
I absolutely love mine. It did take new a while to get it customized the way I like it, but well worth the time and effort. Some complain account all the Moto blur addons, but they don't bother me. I've used Titanium Backup to disable The ones I don't like.

If you want something that works just like all the rest without you doing (or able to do) anything special, just wait for the iPhone. If you want the best, most customizable phone, Droid Does!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

the5barrons

Reaction score
The only thing I'll give RIM and the storm was that out of the box, it was petty much ready to go. Can't say that the DX was really in the middle of the road. Granted, the DX is by far, more customize-able than anything on the market (that isn't droid). I thought the storm was an ok phone, just wasnt too happy about its limitations. I got my DX back in august...and its been two significant things since then...one, a learning experience and two, a complete joy having the control and function that a user should have. The only thing I don't have is a custom ROM, just don't feel the need...but I have zero issues with my phone. Maybe a problem with an app every now and then. Other than that, perfect fit.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

speachey

Reaction score
This is actually my first post here, and I can honestly say I have had zero issues with my Droid X. I originally switched from the BB Tour, to the original droid, now to the X. I constantly take video of my 10 month old daughter with it (Caught her first steps on my droid X), photos, tweets, facebook, gps, anything and everything I could possibly want.

Recommend the Droid X a million times over. dancedroid

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ Welcome to the Forum

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

GeneralZod

Reaction score
I switched from an S2 to a DX a few weeks ago. I feel like I went from horseback to a Ferrari. Which isn't to say there aren't things you'll miss about the BB OS. There are a few things. However, its really just a matter of learning to do things differently.

msdfr

Reaction score
DX is my first smart phone and I love it. Still learning new things to further customize it to me. After I got mine, my husband traded in his Storm for an X. He loves it too and won't go back to BB. :)