Does a very thin wallet case exist?

atomic punk

Reaction score
I have a hardshell plastic case an it's thin. I have a thin wallet too. I'd like to combine both but I've only seen the thicker leather wallet cases like "mydroidwallet.com" I think it is. I'm wondering if a hardshell case exists that has only a couple pockets in it? Something that won't add much bulk when it's in the front pocket - for cash, ID and maybe 2 credit cards. Something should exist for when you're going out and don't need all the other BS on you (keep other stuff in car). Thanks.

mod edit: fixed your website ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm considering building a few.. look, when you set your droid flat on a table or something, notice how it's raised in the center? that would be a great spot for maybe two or three debit/credic cards or ID.. yeah? i'm seriously building foam (easy to work with) models right now

edit: ok, maybe an ID and debit card.. it's very little space. but still.

antkneevee

Reaction score
Sena makes two for the droid. The thinner one does not have slits for the cards, but it is thin, professional, and gets the job done. I imagine the slightly bulkier one does just as well.

OP
A

atomic punk

Reaction score
cool. post a reply if/when you fabricate something, Id love to see it.
That's exactly what I'm lookin to find - a case with a few slots or flexible pouch that will only increase the thickness by .125-.250" or so.

TheMightyHam

Reaction score
Hey i have the Water Field suede jacket for my Zune HD and Milestone. It's very thin, high quality and it fits perfectly, since they have specific sizes for each device. And the best thing is that it has a version with the pocket that is big enough to store couple credit cards and some change.

Here's a Youtube review of the pouch for the Zune HD. It's the same for the Droid, just with a different size.
[video=youtube;rQVsHo1n-fA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQVsHo1n-fA]YouTube - Waterfield Designs Suede Jacket - Zune HD - Review[/video]

And here's a link to their product site:
Droid Suede Jacket - Droid Sleeve - Droid Case - Milestone Sleeve - Milestone Case - Slim Droid Case - Droid Pouch - Droid Soft Case - Ultrasuede - WaterField Designs Droid Suede Jacket

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey i have the Water Field suede jacket for my Zune HD and Milestone. It's very thin, high quality and it fits perfectly, since they have specific sizes for each device. And the best thing is that it has a version with the pocket that is big enough to store couple credit cards and some change.

Here's a Youtube review of the pouch for the Zune HD. It's the same for the Droid, just with a different size.
YouTube - Waterfield Designs Suede Jacket - Zune HD - Review

Droid Suede Jacket - Droid Sleeve - Droid Case - Milestone Sleeve - Milestone Case - Slim Droid Case - Droid Pouch - Droid Soft Case - Ultrasuede - WaterField Designs Droid Suede Jacket

The Waterfield product (with the optional stretchy "pouch" for credit card/DL/etc) works well if you don't have a case (such as a Seidio) on your phone. Unfortunately, if you do, the Waterfield "suede jacket" is simply too tight to make it usable. (The claim that it will stretch to fit is simply not true. Although it stretches a bit over time, getting it out of the jacket even after "stretching" is such a PITA that I doubt anyone will put up with it.)

I've used a number of Waterfield products over the years and they're great; extremely good looking and wear like iron. But in this instance the "jacket" should be about 1-2 mm wider and 1-2 mm thicker to accommodate a Droid with a plastic case.

The folks at Waterfield are quite responsive and would likely make a custom case for very little additional charge. Those interested should get in touch with them.

Last edited:

1linuxfreak

Reaction score

Stay away from the WaterField case it is a piece of junk , not worth the price , I had one for my Droid (naked) and when my wife got her Eris I gave it to her , I use the Sena case , top notch , well worth the money .
Again WaterField , one flag
Sena , six flags , more flags , better case . :)

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Stay away from the WaterField case it is a piece of junk , not worth the price , I had one for my Droid (naked) and when my wife got her Eris I gave it to her , I use the Sena case , top notch , well worth the money .
Again WaterField , one flag
Sena , six flags , more flags , better case . :)

Well, that's what makes for horse races. Personally, I like the suede jacket for the Droid except for the fact that it is simply too tight to use with a protective case underneath. But it's more a fashion accessory than a true protective device. And for that purpose with the space for credit cards and a driver's license, it works well.

streetkid

Reaction score
Why is the waterfield a piece of junk? Because you say so?

I have one and I like it a lot. What I don't like about it though, is the way the suede sticks to the insides of my pockets on my jeans.. basically turns my pocket inside out. I don't use the case all the time though, only when camping or exercising.

TheMightyHam

Reaction score
I really like the suede jacket for both my devices, and I use it everyday. It's not a very efficient protection though. If you want something to save your droid from accidental drops, this is not for you. Personally, I use it to protect my device from dust and scratches in my pocket. And when every time you use the phone with your dirty hand, you can just use it to clean the screen. It actually works pretty well, beats using your t shirt.

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Here is a good analogy ;
WaterField requires a iPhone 4 type hold to use.
Sena , a Droid hold, smooth and easy to use.
Enough said.
I own both cases and am not affiliated with either case maker, just a consumer with a honest opinion.