Does a razor max know it's in my holster

lmpmd

Reaction score
A blackberry knows it's in the holster. There's a tiny magnet in the holster the bb detects it. And then it functions differently cause of that.
Does my razor max know it's in the holster?

Kimo91

Reaction score
I think that's what the "in pocket sector" is for but I'm not too sure. I by habit just turn the screen off before I put my Razr back in my holster

Sent from my rooted and Sith powered Moto DROID RAZR

T

TheAlpha

I think that's what the "in pocket sector" is for but I'm not too sure. I by habit just turn the screen off before I put my Razr back in my holster

Sent from my rooted and Sith powered Moto DROID RAZR

As do i.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
L

lmpmd

Reaction score
How does the razor maxx know it's in it's holster? Is there a little round magnet in the holster? Is it by recognition of no light seen?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I've been told that the magnet doesn't do anything on the Maxx. I would try "in pocket detection" I'm not sure of any down side.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There are NO magnet detectors in either the RAZR or MAXX, other than the compass detection device. These phones do not use magnet sensors to determine if they are docked to a particular accessory or if they are inserted/removed from a case. Earlier Droid 1 (OG Droid), Droid 2, Droid 2G, and possibly even later models used two sensors located on the back of the phone to determine if they were either docked to the home desktop charging dock or the car navigation dock, since each dock had a magnet placed at a specific location inside that aligned with the two sensors on the phone.

Many people had problems with these sensors when they used cases that had magnetic clasps (like I did using a Blackberry Leather case with my D1 & D2). The magnets would accidently trigger the dock mode when the phone was inserted into the case and the phone would go into the mode that matched up with where the magnet passed. This resulted in batteries being drained while the phone remained on and screen powered on in the case without the user knowing it.

Motorola received a slew of complaints due to this and so decided to scrap that detection method and go instead with the current USB data trigger method used in the new car navigation and various home docks such as the HD Dock. By using the USB connection and setting specific data triggers they can essentially support an unlimited number of different accessories simply through the plugging into those accessories through the USB port. This simplifies the entire process and prevents undesired dock mode triggering.

OP
L

lmpmd

Reaction score
So my razor maxx doesn't know when it's in the holster? There's no mode it goes into - when I put it in the holster?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
So my razor maxx doesn't know when it's in the holster? There's no mode it goes into - when I put it in the holster?

Like other people have said, "in pocket detection" if the screen faces inward. It does seem to work. It's on settings under display.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
L

lmpmd

Reaction score
Pocket detection must mean it senses visual light? So putting a tiny piece of black tape somewhere would do the some thing? Where would one put the tape? As you can see I like to understand things better.