Does a decent audio player exist for Android?!?!?

audioman42

Reaction score
I really like my Droid, but playing my music on it sometimes makes me miss my iPhone. All I want is the ability to sort by genre -> artist -> album... is that too much to ask? I've come across several in the market that give listening suggestions and have all kinds of fancy graphics, but all have overlooked the basic function of being able to find a song by selecting genre -> artist -> album. That an app exist that will allow this? Does Apple have this method of searching copyrighted or something?

Thanks

theonuts

Reaction score
I really like my Droid, but playing my music on it sometimes makes me miss my iPhone. All I want is the ability to sort by genre -> artist -> album... is that too much to ask? I've come across several in the market that give listening suggestions and have all kinds of fancy graphics, but all have overlooked the basic function of being able to find a song by selecting genre -> artist -> album. That an app exist that will allow this? Does Apple have this method of searching copyrighted or something?

Thanks

doesnt the stock app do that?

samiusmc

Reaction score

Thanks

If you miss itunes, try bTunes in the market. It looks just like the ipod touch UI.

shugknight

Reaction score

Thanks

YUP! Like I've said in other threads. I've tried B-Tunes, TuneWiki, 3, MixxZing, and I've just reverted back to the stock. It's the best music player out there. It's simple, but it works. And if you worry about album art, just spend the $3 and get Album Art Grabber and you can pick the picture for each album.

Trust me, don't waste your money like I did with B-Tunes (no offense to B-Tunes) but I wish I would of saved that $2 and just stuck with the stock player. I've already uninstalled B-Tunes and have only the stock.

Kias

Reaction score
Do any of these have the ability to set what directory to look for music in? I know astro media player does, but that's in beta,and not stable on my phone. I'm just tired of driving down the road and all of a sudden my ring tones start playing! If the stock app has this, I sure can't find it!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pigpen

Reaction score
Does bTunes handle flac yet ? I've been using Meridian for the flac support and the stock app does fine for me with the mp3s.

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
All I really want is the ability to change songs with the volume controls like I could with the Blackberry Curve. Does anyone know of an app that does that?

OP
audioman42

audioman42

Reaction score
If you miss itunes, try bTunes in the market. It looks just like the ipod touch UI.
I hate iTunes.

Nope. Only albums, artists, songs, and playlists unless I'm missing something...

I've tried the apps listed in this thread, but none of them allow me to find a song by selecting genre -> artist -> album first. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
All I really want is the ability to change songs with the volume controls like I could with the Blackberry Curve. Does anyone know of an app that does that?

I dont know of an app that does that, but a custom ROM does. CyanogenMod does. Thats the best I can give ya.

Kias

Reaction score
I hope the developers of astro media player is here paying attention. Theres a lot of good suggestions here, and that app looks promising!

Cool! Tapatalk now has custom signature lines!