Does $75 to Replace a Cracked Droid RAZR Screen Seem Too Good to be True?

jamisonia

Reaction score
So last night at the bar I dropped my phone. Actually I purposely dropped my phone to demostrate to my iPhone friends the durability of the much superior Droid RAZR. Well it cracked, so mission not accomplished. Anyway the phone still works perfectly, but the gorilla glass is shattered. So from looking at it only the gorilla glass needs replaced, not the LCD.

I called two local places for repair quotes. One told me $279 and they would fix it in an hour. Ouch I was hoping for more a long the lines of $150. This is cell phone care center, which appears to be a national chain.

The second told me $75 and a one day turnaround. I asked several times, $75? thinking he said $275. Then I confirmed the DROID Razr correct? He said yes. Now from what I read this place is basically one guy. They have no website, and only a few reviews on yelp, that say the service is great, the customer service sucks, which I definitely felt from talking to the guy on the phone. He's foreign, and very direct which may come off as rude I suppose. But $75 seems too cheap. I mean the screen digitizer part would cost me $60, and that's assuming the LCD doesn't have to be replaced too. I'm sure a repair guy gets cheaper parts, but I'm still concerned. So does this seem like a great deal, or a too good to be true situation?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Look on ebay for the digitizer which is what you need to replace. Next search on youtube for digitizer replacement on the Razr. Buy the digitizer and replace the screen yourself for even cheaper. I've done two droid digitizers and a Dinc 2, very easy when you follow the steps. Good luck!
Here is a youtube link.

[video=youtube;I0fSED86mL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0fSED86mL[/video]

Last edited:

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
If you're not too strapped for cash I would just try it out. Worst case scenario you buy the parts yourself after he messes up and do it yourself which would total to about the $150 you were looking to spend.