Does 2.3.3 Resolve Missing SMS

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by PearlMikeJam, Mar 7, 2011.

1. PearlMikeJam

PearlMikeJam New Member

I have tried a couple different Gingerbread ROMs on my OG Droid. I tend to favor UD, but with the latest was missing a lot of messages, even with the Lock Messaging App in Memory option selected.

I am trying out LGB 1.3, with the 800mhz Kernel. Battery life is now as great as UD, but I am fine with that as long as I do not lose messages. Can anyone confirm whether messaging issues are resolved with the 2.3.3 build of GB? Also, does Compache have any impact on this? I seemed to get more messages when I disabled Compcache, but am not sure if that is just coincidence or reality.
  2. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 New Member

As far as I can tell I get all SMS messages, compcache is enable as well. I've actually never had an issue with not receiving/sending sms messages and I've been using all of liquid's ROMs since LFY 1.95, not to say there hasn't been people with this problem but I'm not one of them.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. PearlMikeJam

PearlMikeJam New Member

Thanks for the response. What kernel do you use?
  4. analgas187

analgas187 New Member

I have 2.3.2 where can I get the 2.3.3?

Rooted 2.3.2 OG DroiD
  5. Droid101

Droid101 Member

Im am not going to state the ROM I am using but with the GB ROM I have I locked SMS in memory and have gotten every message
  6. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 New Member

The stock kernel for 1.3/1.31(1.1 ghz)

LGB 1.3, flash 1.3 then 1.31 right after which is a patch that fixes the dictionary and a few other things. Make sure you do the necessary wipes and formats before flashing 1.3 though.

7. PearlMikeJam

PearlMikeJam New Member

LGB 1.3 is based off the updated version of Gingerbread, 2.3.3.
  8. thaDroidz

thaDroidz New Member

SMS fine here....
    1.3 all the way to 1.4 nightlies...
  9. PearlMikeJam

PearlMikeJam New Member

Well, I have missed one today. I did a test after posting this, and all was well. I then sent myself a link to the 1.31 download, and it never made it. Had to send it a couple times before one went through.
  10. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 New Member

10/10 on test messages sent. Maybe your service was in and out. My friend has a stock unrooted ally and he has trouble getting texts at work due to sketchy service. Sometimes he won't get it for hours after I send it to him, even once he's gotten into a strong service area.

11. liquid0624

liquid0624 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

This sounds like a service issue to me if it was the rom no one would get sms
  12. PearlMikeJam

PearlMikeJam New Member

I do not think this is a service issue. I have full bars and have never had this problem until upgrading to GB.

Please do not misinterpret. I do not think this is specific to LGB. Many have had issues with GB on the OG Droid. I came from UD 3.0.1 and had the issue, as have others. I saw issues reported for SS GB 5+ as well.

From what I can gather, it has to do with GB being a memory hog (and managing the memory). When your system is low on memory, even with the messaging app locked in memory, SMS will not download to the phone because the memory is too low. The system sends it and acknowledges as being sent, but the phone does not fully receive. In some cases, the notification is just missed, but the message is there (this happens to me half the time), but in others, the message is never downloaded at all. I seem to have better experience getting messages with Compache disabled, which is disappointing, but would rather that than miss more messages.

This is my understanding from reading different posts, and it seems to make the most sense.
  13. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 New Member

What if you moved some of the larger apps you have to the sdcard? That should free up some phone memory.

14. PearlMikeJam

PearlMikeJam New Member

Thanks for all the responses. I have almost everything on the SD Card. I have over 60MB of free space on the internal storage. This disappears quickly, and I am not sure how. This will go to 15MB in no time. I am running the same set up as on Froyo ROMs, but for some reason GB has these issues.

I was hypothesizing that GB 2.3 was only designed for internal storage devices with more memory after reading that non-Nexus phones will get version 2.4 of GB. I suspect some things still need to be worked out between internal and SD Card storage, but I am not sure that factors in here.
  15. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 New Member

That's crazy! How many apps do you have? I maybe have 40 including what came on LGB 1.3(1) and I'm using 56mb/262mb of internal storage. Maybe deleting all of your SMS messages or back them up if you need them and then delete all of them. I know when you run out of space due to 1000s of texts on the phone you won't get them until you free up space. That usually gives you a notification though.

16. Superbisco

Superbisco New Member

Search tags for this page
android messages lost dictionary

android sms missing

missing text messages android

previous texts disapear on android gingerbread