Docking Stations

Trey1970

Reaction score
I upgraded to the DNA today from the DroidX. I loved my DroidX. I upgraded for two reasons - O.S. speed and 4G. I had two docking stations for my DroidX. One was for the car and one was for my night stand. After purchasing the DNA, I realized they don't make docking stations for it. I'm really disappointed about that. Does anybody know if they will be making docking stations for the DNA? If they won't be, I'm considering trading the DNA in for the RAZR MAXX HD.

harp666

Reaction score
I'm sure in time something will be made for the DNA...but I will tell ya that my wife has the MaxxHD along with not only the home dock, but also the car navigation dock which when inserted puts the maxx into gps nav mode. The power package comes with HDMI cable as well....I'm quite jealous... lol.

TillJames

Reaction score
Last edited:

VitruvianRocker

Reaction score
Found a cool dock- a couple, actually....

Hi-just got my DNA last week, and naturally went in search of toys for it. While the Qi chargers are waaaay cool and probably where i'll end up once the wife upgrades (double coil pad for 2 phones) i found kiDiGi makes a few nice docks- one of which'll work on anything with a mocro-usb port, and one that has a HDMI out to stream content off the phone.

Here's the universal:

Desktop Cradle for HTC Android Smartphones

And these are the others:

HTC Droid DNA Cover-mate HDMI Desktop Cradle (HDMI out)
HTC Butterfly Cover-mate Desktop Cradle (says Butterfly, but DNA is the same)
Desktop Dock Lite for Nokia Lumia 920 (for the nokia, but the micro-usb'll fit and it's less.. limiting)

Street price runs from $25 to $50 depending, and all can be found on ebay.

And thanks to the forum members- y'all have made findin' the stuff a whole lot easier and the info provided has been awesome.

DroidudeAZ

Reaction score
I noticed on my DNA that there is a Dock Mode in the settings, but it's grayed out....Maybe I could ask HTC directly.

dett6799

Reaction score
Patience...

It's almost June and still no nice docks like we had for the DroidX. BUT, what I did last night was do a little McGyvering to my bedside dock to turn the plug-part around. Very simple. Unscrews under the pads, which easily re-attach. Used a nail clipper file to make the plug fit in the other way and "voila" it is charging. But I must take off the case every time but it will work for now. Still looking for a car dock that it recognizes. Found one yet?