Docking Station

JoePa

Reaction score
I'm really missing the docking station I had for my Droid1. How long do you guys think it will be before the TBolt comes out with a docking station?

OP
J

JoePa

Reaction score
It looks like there is a docking station on eBay for the thunderbolt. Verizon hasn't released a docking station yet, but I'm concerned about buying a docking station that isn't the official HTC station. I wonder if my phone will automatically go to alarm clock mode when I use it. Any thought?

wowings

Reaction score
I understand that an HTC docking station will be out in July. I would not buy the docking station on the website you supplied. It does not appear to have sufficient support.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

wowings

Reaction score
Check the mobilecity website for the pre order status of the docking station.

wowings

Reaction score
The HTC docking station is available now. Why is Verizon not carrying it? When I asked the manager at the VZW store about it he said they have no plans to carry it. Makes no sense to me.

turdbogls

Reaction score
not sure i would spend the money on it now. there are other (i just bought this one on amazon Amazon.com: RND Power Solutions Deluxe 2nd Battery Charger and Data Sync Cradle / Desktop Docking Station for HTC Thunderbolt 4G: Electronics)
which does the same thing (minus automatically putting it into dock mode which i never use anyway) and it is half the cost.
if this was available right from the get-go, people would have been all over it....but this far into a release, people have bought other docks, or learned to live with the kickstand and a wall charger.

curlysgirly

Reaction score
I've gone into 2 stores and they both looked at me like I had 3 heads?!?! It's been available for a month now. I think that I am just going to buy it online with my accessory discount. I used mine everyday with my OG Droid and really miss it on my nightstand. The HTC online store sells it too but it is more without the discount.

curlysgirly

Reaction score
not sure i would spend the money on it now. there are other (i just bought this one on amazon Amazon.com: RND Power Solutions Deluxe 2nd Battery Charger and Data Sync Cradle / Desktop Docking Station for HTC Thunderbolt 4G: Electronics)
which does the same thing (minus automatically putting it into dock mode which i never use anyway) and it is half the cost.
if this was available right from the get-go, people would have been all over it....but this far into a release, people have bought other docks, or learned to live with the kickstand and a wall charger.
This one on Amazon doesn't fit the extended battery and the one from VZW does. You can charge with the extended battery on or charge the extended battery in the spare charging slot. This one from Amazon won't work for me because I have one regular battery and one biggie :)

turdbogls

Reaction score
This one on Amazon doesn't fit the extended battery and the one from VZW does. You can charge with the extended battery on or charge the extended battery in the spare charging slot. This one from Amazon won't work for me because I have one regular battery and one biggie :)

gotcha, didn't even think about that. i just carry around my stock charged battery and when my 1700 slim dies, i switch em' out.
i dont know how people can use this phone with an extra 1/4" sticking out the back :p

wowings

Reaction score
Went to VZW store and asked about the tb docking station. Again, a puzzled look. The lady then checked her computer and found they were in stock, but not yet in the store. She ordered it for me and the shipping is free. The bill came to $44 with the discount. I will post again after it arrives.

wowings

Reaction score
Well, the docking station came this morning and it works quite well. It appears well made - solid and good looking. The directions are minimal, but rather intuitive even for an old guy. It does not accommodate a protective skin (I have the Platinum skin and clip). It will charge a second battery, but how it fits in makes you wonder at first if you put it in correctly. It feels a bit loose. I suppose that is because it will charge the extended battery.

The phone was charged less tba 15% when I put I'm on the dock. Three hours later the phone and the backup Seido battery were fully charged.

It feels a bit extravagant at $44, but way too expensive at $59. All in all, I like it. Now we will see how long it lasts.

wowings

Reaction score
Just found out that the HTC docking station has been reduced $8. Everyone must have realized that its price point was too high. VZW credited my account for the difference. Nice.

recDNA

Reaction score
Well, the docking station came this morning and it works quite well. It appears well made - solid and good looking. The directions are minimal, but rather intuitive even for an old guy. It does not accommodate a protective skin (I have the Platinum skin and clip). It will charge a second battery, but how it fits in makes you wonder at first if you put it in correctly. It feels a bit loose. I suppose that is because it will charge the extended battery.

The phone was charged less tba 15% when I put I'm on the dock. Three hours later the phone and the backup Seido battery were fully charged.

It feels a bit extravagant at $44, but way too expensive at $59. All in all, I like it. Now we will see how long it lasts.

So you have to take the skin off every night then put it back on again? Pita.

wowings

Reaction score
Yes, but it takes less than one second to do it. I had $15 credit in my eBay account and ordered the HTC leather case if removing the Platinum case got to be a hassle. It is not and now I have a case for more formal occasions.