Docking station fail.

xan3x

Reaction score
I had purchased the standard docking station so i could just usb to my pc and charge my phone at same time , like I did with my og droid. The bionic standard dock does not charge from PC if you bypass dock and go straight to PC it works fine. Just got off phone with Motorola and even they confirmed it . Maybe some of the forum guys will know. I tried 2 docks thought mine was broke.

zetachi

Reaction score
can't get mine to charge through PC either. Kind of defeats the purpose.

bbtkd

Reaction score
I had purchased the standard docking station so i could just usb to my pc and charge my phone at same time , like I did with my og droid. The bionic standard dock does not charge from PC if you bypass dock and go straight to PC it works fine. Just got off phone with Motorola and even they confirmed it . Maybe some of the forum guys will know. I tried 2 docks thought mine was broke.

Don't recall where, but read somewhere that the Bionic dock doesn't work right when plugged into a PC USB port. It probably has to do with the dock electronics and the charging circuit requiring more than the 500ma maximum that a PC USB port has. Perhaps the OG droid dock was passive - just passed through to the plug - so it worked.