Docking issues with case. I removed insert and still issues. Anyone else struggling??

Tloc107

Reaction score
I am having some issues with a couple things. I bought the hdmi dock, wireless keyboard and mouse, standard dock and also car dock. I have a case on phone and docks dont work real good with case because the distance between case and dock makes it hard for the plugs to reach so they will read properly etc. So I have been using without case and all works fine and figured most out. This is on the hdmi dock mainly. Standard dock seems to work ok when I push down on it. Hdmi dock doesn't work at all with case and niether does car dock. Car dock doesnt even read the magnets. Thanks for any help and input.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well I'm assuming your talking about the Bionic. Putting your phone in the dock is finicky, yes you do need to push down a little harder for it to go on. It seems that when you ad power (IE: Car dock, it sometimes triggers the docking mode) but it should work without this. The Motorola/VZW case works on all the docks. We are hoping a fix for this will be included in the upcoming firmware update in early Nov. You are correct, there is no magnet in the car dock, just try and press a little further, then take it out and try again.. all's we can do for now is wait for the update. It doesn't really effect me usage at all. The car dock app is nothing special and if it doesn't come up I just pull up maps or the clock.

OP
T

Tloc107

Reaction score
I am not sure what case I got but I bought it at the verizon store. It has a rubber condom style thing and has a hard case that snaps over that. The standard dock works fine when I push down with the single port. Now the hdmi dock with both ports I can't get it to do anything really and car dock physical size wont allow case to work at all as far as I can see. I havent spent a ton of time trying on all but will spend more time with this issue in the near future etc. What is this update you speak of? Is it on the phone or on the docks? I assume the phone? How will this update effect my issues? Sorry I feel kind of stupid and hate to have you explain but thanks for any help.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This is the dock:

case.jpg

And I don't know if you know or not, but the car dock has an insert also, its not very noticeable, but if you have the same case as pictured, pull that insert out.

The update is a sotware update, and hopes are it will help the phone recognize the car dock better.