Dock Q for you experienced Moto Droid users

PARick

Reaction score
While at work, I keep my Droid in the Docking Station. I use the body glove case with the integrated holster, and really like it. The problem is, I constantly take my Droid out of the station to take to meetings with me. I have a holster case, but would prefer something more protective. I know of no case that will also fit into the docking station. Just wondering if I am missings something out there that will provide the protection I want, and make it easy to take in and out of the docking station? Thanks for any advice.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope. The dock is designed to take a naked Droid. The only thing you could put on it is a protective film.

IIRC Seidio makes a dock and case that work together.

Don't forget that we have a Droid Accessories forum for topics like this. ;)

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
Nope. The dock is designed to take a naked Droid. The only thing you could put on it is a protective film.

IIRC Seidio makes a dock and case that work together.

Don't forget that we have a Droid Accessories forum for topics like this. ;)

Thanks. I thought, and looked in the Accessories Form. I guess I was looking more for ideas or suggestions on what others have done

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I use the MIKRADLE (supporting vendor) doc with a case with a nub for a belt clip. Works with no removal of the case

JayLynn

Reaction score
I don't really like my MIKRADLE, I prefer the regular docking station... I don't have a case on mine and still can't get it to "dock" properly on the MIKRADLE.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't really like my MIKRADLE, I prefer the regular docking station... I don't have a case on mine and still can't get it to "dock" properly on the MIKRADLE.

Mine docks properly more often on Mikradle then it does on the Motorola dock.

JayLynn

Reaction score
Maybe there is something wrong with MIKRADLE... I will send Mike a message and see if he can help me... It is much nicer looking than the other one, so would really like to love it!
Thanks

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Another idea is the OtterBox Commuter case for the Droid. The rear half of the case comes on/off fairly easy. It doesn't SNAP on/off like other ones. It is held on with thinner clips as well as a piece of silicone that goes over the "chin". It sounds like something that would fall off easy but that isn't the case. Since I got it, it hasn't fallen off once, and I've removed it several times to put into my dock.

It's also a very nice case. It is a hard case with silicon insert in the rear half. You may want to look into it.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe there is something wrong with MIKRADLE... I will send Mike a message and see if he can help me... It is much nicer looking than the other one, so would really like to love it!
Thanks

Considering the design, there's not much that could be "wrong" with MIKRADLE. If you're having trouble with its functionality it's likely the cable/micro usb connector you're using.

JayLynn

Reaction score
Thanks, but I have the cable plugged into it and it shows that it is connected, and it does charge up, it just doesn't always say that it is connected to a multimedia station... I think maybe the magnet is set too far in? If I mess around with it, a lot, I can get it to work, but to be honest with you it's basically a pain in the a$$ to deal with. And even if I get it to say it's connected it doesn't show the clock like with the other one. But thanks for the input...