Dock Blocker!!!!

JonCor2577

Reaction score
I've been using this app for a few days. It does work great. I had an interesting issue. I work at an Aluminum Smelter. We run 130K + amps through our potlines (DC) so we have large magnetic fields. You can take paper clips and string them out and they will stay in place horizontally. It's crazy.

So natually my droid was going crazy when I went into the rooms. It would try to start the multimedia and nav modes at the same time so it actually was doing some really scary things with my icons. I actually had to do a restart once. Anyway, I found this app when I was about at the end of my rope with it and it works great! I actually just turn it on when I got into the potrooms. (I know, the name sounds weird but we make aluminum in large "pots.") If you leave it on all the time the screen kill feature can get annoying. However, I just turn it on and then back off because that's the only place I have issues. Since I installed it I haven't had any problems with my icons or needed to do a restart after I went into the rooms for a little while.

Awesome app! (And much needed) Motorola and Google should have included a kill feature somewhere in the settings.

BriDroid

Reaction score
In instaled this app, and it works, but it sets my screen to lock in seconds after putting it in the car dock, which kind of defeats the purpose of avoiding the car screen, anyone know how to fix this?

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
go into settings and check the box about turning off the screen :D

arcsum68

Reaction score
I want it, and not because I have some crazy work place or odd cases. I have my phone setup nicely and easy to use, and when I have it docked in my window mount it goes to a user interface thats not ideal compared to how I have it setup. I thought it would be great, but in retrospect I would really like to just disable it entirely.

BriDroid

Reaction score
Seems like the home screen will only display in portrait, not landscape when using dock blocker. Apps will flip to landscape, but the home screen won't.

abandonship

Reaction score
I run naked too during normal times (use Verizon Shell/Holster for outdoor activities) and use this nice Bergamo Leather Vertical slip in Case/Holster with belt clip. Very nicely made with felt lining and slides in and out easily yet holds the Droid securely.. best $11 w/FS I have spent (Ebay)!

Oh, and no stink'n magnets :)

LBERP.jpg

BLACK REAL LEATHER CASE COVER FOR MOTOROLA DROID A855 - eBay (item 390124410213 end time Jan-27-10 01:10:46 PST)

Have you tried putting the Droid with the shell from the shell/holster combo into the leather case? Will it fit? I need something that will fit the Otterbox Commuter case which is slightly larger than the shell you are talking about.

Thanks for your help.

cuskit

Reaction score

Have you tried putting the Droid with the shell from the shell/holster combo into the leather case? Will it fit? I need something that will fit the Otterbox Commuter case which is slightly larger than the shell you are talking about.

Thanks for your help.
No, the phone itself is very snug inside the leather case - no way it would work with the shell on.

So, I'm using the shell/holster for work, and in the evenings or out socializing, I use the leather holster (classier)! ;) mikey

arcsum68

Reaction score
Apparently those car docks come apart pretty easily, I was able to carefully remove the magnet so it does not activate the dock mode. I then taped it down, and put the dock back together, if I wanted to I could easily put the magnet back to make it stock again.

natchrl8r

Reaction score
Somehow that was out of sequence. I was responding to someone's snide response implying that the question was stupid.

I bought dock blocker and it seems to work ok in my magnetic clip holster but it still takes a full minute to black the screen.