Dock Blocker!!!!

don_813

Reaction score
for a second i thought the thread title said (C)ock BLocker...lol

MrBaz

Reaction score
I downloaded it. Some of us want a better selection of holsters. I carry my Droid naked all the time, so I want something nice yet secure to carry it in. Well see how well this application does over the next few days. Ill be pissed if this same feature is built in to 2.1.

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I downloaded it. Some of us want a better selection of holsters. I carry my Droid naked all the time, so I want something nice yet secure to carry it in. Well see how well this application does over the next few days. Ill be pissed if this same feature is built in to 2.1.

lol me too! maybe i should have waited :icon_eek:

Spyte

Reaction score
a question about that case if i may. it looks very nice, but with no top how likely is it to slide out if, for instance, the case and phone are in a shirt pocket and one bends over? wondering if that case would be appropriate for full time use for those of us in more of a blue collar job, or more of an after work type affair.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
a question about that case if i may. it looks very nice, but with no top how likely is it to slide out if, for instance, the case and phone are in a shirt pocket and one bends over? wondering if that case would be appropriate for full time use for those of us in more of a blue collar job, or more of an after work type affair.

It is very protective and he Droid is not gonna slide out on it's own.

swallman

Reaction score
Has anyone else used this app ? Just wondering how well it works for everyone ? I've found some nice cases but they have magnets and I don't want to order one until I make sure this really works. Thanks!

cuskit

Reaction score
I just received my case - I can verify that your Droid will NOT fall out! In fact - it's very difficult to even remove it from this case. You have to grasp it by the edges to forcibly pull it out, which results in turning down (or off) your volume since that's exactly where your fingers must be positioned for removal. I'm not keen on this. The box is clearly marked that this is designed for the iPhone 3g. Not the Droid - even though it fits perfectly (too perfect). I'm debating sending it back - I can't foresee keeping a case that's so difficult to remove my phone. Too bad - the leather is first class construction and it's a really nice looking case. I'll check to see if they inadvertently sent me the wrong case. Website (ebay) states it is for the Motorola Droid - but that's not what's on the one I received. cuskit

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I just received my case - I can verify that your Droid will NOT fall out! In fact - it's very difficult to even remove it from this case. You have to grasp it by the edges to forcibly pull it out, which results in turning down (or off) your volume since that's exactly where your fingers must be positioned for removal. I'm not keen on this.

??? You can't adjust the volume when your phone is in standby or the screen is locked, which it should be one or the other when you put it in a case.....so gripping as you describe to pull it out of the case will have no effect on the volume controls.

BTW, the case for the 3G and Droid are one in the same (currently), you have the correct case.

cuskit

Reaction score
that black pouch is nice

Yes it is, over the past fews weeks I like mine more and more as I use it everyday. Couldn't get any better for me.
Have you any difficulty removing it from the case without turning down your volume? And was your carton marked for iPhone? The case they sent me (I ordered per your post) is extremely tight - almost impossible to pull the droid out. Literally having to squeeze as hard as I can to grasp it - and at that it's very, very difficult to pull loose. Can I assume they have different cases for phones of varying thickness? So far no reply from the vendor. I had left him positive feedback before I tried my phone. It is a VERY high quality leather case for sure. Just that my Droid is much too thick to squeeze in. cuskit

EDIT: I missed your last post. Sorry Did not think about the volume being disabled. I don't always turn it off - just let it go to sleep by itself in a minute as per my settings.
But can you answer if yours is VERY difficult to insert or remove? I'm talking REALLY difficult! And I'm a 220 pound six foot guy with big hands! Was yours tight in the beginning and loosened up with time? Believe me when I say this particular case in no way was designed for something as thick as my Droid. Maybe the Eros which has no keyboard.

omally

Reaction score
I just use the old case for my HTC PPC6800. It fits fine, and I just turn the phone face out so the magnet doesn't activate. Not ideal, but I'm not really worried about the screen getting damaged, and it saves me from having to spend even more money on this thing.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
that black pouch is nice

Yes it is, over the past fews weeks I like mine more and more as I use it everyday. Couldn't get any better for me.
Have you any difficulty removing it from the case without turning down your volume? And was your carton marked for iPhone? The case they sent me (I ordered per your post) is extremely tight - almost impossible to pull the droid out. Literally having to squeeze as hard as I can to grasp it - and at that it's very, very difficult to pull loose. Can I assume they have different cases for phones of varying thickness? So far no reply from the vendor. I had left him positive feedback before I tried my phone. It is a VERY high quality leather case for sure. Just that my Droid is much too thick to squeeze in. cuskit

EDIT: I missed your last post. Sorry Did not think about the volume being disabled. I don't always turn it off - just let it go to sleep by itself in a minute as per my settings.

But can you answer if yours is VERY difficult to insert or remove? I'm talking REALLY difficult! And I'm a 220 pound six foot guy with big hands! Was yours tight in the beginning and loosened up with time? Believe me when I say this particular case in no way was designed for something as thick as my Droid. Maybe the Eros which has no keyboard.

Grab the case and stretch the elastic a little (2-3"), but don't do it too much, it will loosen up over a week or so of use and feel just right......even enough for little guys like you :)

J/K (6'2"-240 also with big hands :)

cuskit

Reaction score

Grab the case and stretch the elastic a little (2-3"), but don't do it too much, it will loosen up over a week or so of use and feel just right......even enough for little guys like you :)

J/K (6'2"-240 also with big hands :)
Okay - I lied. I too am 240. Just didn't want to come off as a fatty fat fat! ;)

I'll do as you say and stretch it a little bit. I need to make it work as it's just so nice looking! And carrying the droid in my pocket is starting to get old! Thanks for the quick reply! cuskit

MrBaz

Reaction score
I've been using this app for a while now. It works great. If a magnet happens to get in just the right spot, you will see the screen light up for just a couple of seconds before it goes back off. It doesn't even bother launching either dock mode.